Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 4:59 AM
Default Is it Possible? (Equine Mod)
So one thing that I've been trying to figure out for ages is whether or not it would be possible to create dressage as a custom skill within the game.

My basic theory is that it would require the following:

- A custom skill (dressage) for horses
- A dressage event added to the equestrian center rabbithole (edited clone of another event?)
- A riding skill level at which sims can enter the event (maybe at level 4, simply because i don't think any unlock is attached to it)
- A skill object (edited clone of one of the other equestrian skill items. Possibly the cavaletti, but linked to the custom dressage skill)

So since I have no idea how to mod other than some basic XML tuning and tweaks (and will be learning to do so in order to do this) can anyone give me an idea of if such a thing is actually possible? I don't mind banging my head against the wall a bit if it's going to be productive in the end, but if this is just absolutely impossible, I'll move on and come up with another idea and learn to write a mod for that. (In case you're wondering why I'm trying to come up with a project just because I want to learn to mod, it's because I learn better by doing, lol.) I do have a fairly technical background, but centered in web development and some basic programming.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:43 AM
A custom skill http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1915/ and a custom event should be doable.. I am not sure about the interactions themselves because you would need custom animations for this, right? Custom animations are also possible.. But it would be a big project, not impossible but big
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:20 PM
Okay good to know. What if I piggyback the animations on the standard ones for the cavaletti? As long as they were placed close together the horse should stay at a trot which I think would work just fine as an approximation of at least one part of dressage training.