10 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#33451 Old Today at 11:34 AM
What is this 'who?' that's showing up besides agree/disagree/helpful/funny/love for? Is it to try and spot who disagreed with you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33452 Old Today at 11:50 AM
It shows everyone who reacted on the post (though not their specific reactions, though it's obvious if there's only one of them).

Now we can see who the phantom disagreers are!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#33453 Old Today at 5:20 PM
Is there a full on, complete tutorial on how to literally extract ingame objects and use them as regular ones? I really want to try and make some accessory items into deco myself, but haven't been able to find a good enough tutorial (The only one I've found is ancient). I know there are already extracted objects, just want to try my hand at doing it myself.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Theorist
#33454 Old Today at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Thanks. Looks like one more day of bed rest (possibly calling in sick) for the sufferer.
I just realized: apparently, Sims don't get worse if they go to work when they're sick? What worsens the disease is only the walk they take to get to the car.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5200.0.html
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Sims do not recover or worsen if they are "off lot".
I know simler90 made a diseases mod which completely overhauls the disease system.
Mad Poster
#33455 Old Today at 5:51 PM
They gain or lose recovery points while off-lot, but the calculation isn't actually applied until they come home. What can then happen is that they return home and immediately die next to the mailbox. It is risky to send a sick sim to work if you have the Real Sickness mod in.

I should think an ancient tutorial is likely sufficient? Not much will have changed in the meantime.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#33456 Old Today at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Is there a full on, complete tutorial on how to literally extract ingame objects and use them as regular ones? I really want to try and make some accessory items into deco myself, but haven't been able to find a good enough tutorial (The only one I've found is ancient). I know there are already extracted objects, just want to try my hand at doing it myself.

For the actual "make a deco object" part, you just need a start-to-finish tutorial on how to make an object.

For extracting, you can use the "Finder" tab with "Namemap" selected (in SimPE), then search for a word that matches the item you're looking for (if you're unsure exactly what it's called). If you find it, double-click the GMDC, and it pops up. Extract (right-click/extract to get the GMDC/SMD, or click the Extract button to get the OBJ file). Double click the LIFO and/or the TXMTs to get the textures ("Extract"). The LIFO with 0 in it is the largest, not every item has a LIFO.

You can also check out the files in the "\TSData\Res\3D" for the individual pack, if you know which pack the item comes with (the "Finder" searches through the packs).

Depending on the item, you may have to move/rotate it to make it look like deco, as some acessory objects have an unusual rotation.

But really, all you need besides the tutorial is to extract a texture and a mesh.
Page 1339 of 1339