Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3651 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Gavin self-righteously refusing to go to school because he "just can't bring himself to leave these little ones home alone" when Ginger is right there on the lot.

Okay, you can't tell me my Sims don't read this forum. I have played the Newsons at least a dozen times in different neighbourhoods, probably more, and it has always, always been Fortune-aspiration Gavin who insisted on staying home with the toddlers while Family-aspiration Ginger went to school. I post this, and what happens? Just as I had decided to go with the flow and let Gavin be the one to stay home, they up and decide to do it the other way around.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3652 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:28 PM
The poles on awnings. Stupid stupid stupid! Drives me nuts that they are always one tile from the edge, so if you want an awning over en espresso sales counter, you have to make it two tiles wider than you actually want or get stomping.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3653 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Okay, you can't tell me my Sims don't read this forum. I have played the Newsons at least a dozen times in different neighbourhoods, probably more, and it has always, always been Fortune-aspiration Gavin who insisted on staying home with the toddlers while Family-aspiration Ginger went to school. I post this, and what happens? Just as I had decided to go with the flow and let Gavin be the one to stay home, they up and decide to do it the other way around.

I posted somewhere about how Gavin insisted he stay home the last time I played them. So it can happen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3654 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Emerald1234
Two by BoilingOil that I like, first for the Read-To Thing BO - Curb All Auto Read-To.package and for other Annoying things about Toddlers BO - Less Toddler Annoyance.package
I have a number of MODs and these have never caused any problems. Some of Cyjon's Mods have caused problems for me and I like BoilingOil's better. Besides if you have a problem with one of BoilingOil's Mods he will most likely fix it, and he has done that for me.

I've been playing a heavily modded game for years with mods created by both CJ and BO - I like them both. However, not all mods they have created work well with other mods in my game. This is why the HCDU is so important - I run it whenever I add anything to my game. It's also equally important to know how your game responds after added something to it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3655 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 11:24 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 25th Nov 2017 at 12:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
I've been playing a heavily modded game for years with mods created by both CJ and BO - I like them both. However, not all mods they have created work well with other mods in my game. This is why the HCDU is so important - I run it whenever I add anything to my game. It's also equally important to know how your game responds after added something to it.

Since I play on an iMac, I can't use the HCDU, I have to test out the Mods but testing what I added recently first, or test using 50/50, and then I change the load order and then try and see, if changing the load order does not help I just remove the offending Mod. For example I figured out that S2L_teen_woohoo_BASICBONVOYAGE.package needs to load before Squinge's Adult PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package in order for the PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package to work.

Also since I play on BV and older EPs, I think some Modders say that their mods work with my setup, but they don't. Anyway two Mods of Cyjon's just fail with out conflicting with any other Mod in my game, one of which is CJ-SelfPreservation.package the other I don't remember the name right now. Unfortunately Cyjon has stated that he doesn't fix anything of his, while BoilingOil had one mod that I had problems with, but BO uploaded a fix soon after I had told him about it.

I do use a lot of Cyjon's other Mods though.

I have never found that BO's Mods conflict with anything I have, just the one mod that needed a fix and that BO fixed.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3656 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:21 AM
The way privacy works. To me, it's weird that a child Sim will shoo their parents out of the bathroom to use the toilet or bathe/shower. When I was a kid my parents would be in and out when bathing was going on. Whether it was to help wash hair, or to wrap up in a towel afterwards. That's how it's been in most families I've come across (did a lot of babysitting/nanny-ing). I know Sim kids don't actually get help from parents, but I still find it unrealistic.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3657 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:29 AM
I remember once when the Ramaswamis' daughter was in the bathtub, there was no privacy issues with the NPC Santa Claus. It was a little weird.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3658 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
The poles on awnings. Stupid stupid stupid! Drives me nuts that they are always one tile from the edge, so if you want an awning over en espresso sales counter, you have to make it two tiles wider than you actually want or get stomping.

I don't know if it's been mentioned since I haven't been here for a few weeks, but the fact that the awnings are so low in relation to doors and windows - they just look stupid. I avoid awnings most of the time.
Inventor
#3659 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
The way privacy works. To me, it's weird that a child Sim will shoo their parents out of the bathroom to use the toilet or bathe/shower. When I was a kid my parents would be in and out when bathing was going on. Whether it was to help wash hair, or to wrap up in a towel afterwards. That's how it's been in most families I've come across (did a lot of babysitting/nanny-ing). I know Sim kids don't actually get help from parents, but I still find it unrealistic.

I also find it strange since in some households, even close friends don't particularly mind one brushing their teeth inside while the other bathes. I wish there was a more complex check for this. Maybe it's silly of me to think that a feature to introduce privacy checks like ACR's friendzone would work. Cyjon mentioned something to the same effect in his Smarter Privacy, that the mod ignores bathroom privacy for anyone the sim has crush or love for regardless of respective ages. He intended to use the same criteria for woohoo but wasn't able to due to the difficulty level.

I guess a work-around would be to just totally remove privacy checks and monitor sims who can use the same bathroom simultaneously, but that's not the same thing as relationship or memory checks.

Then again, sims who've woohooed a million times still freak out over their lover's nudity. Sometimes it's funny, but I've modded that out long ago.
Inventor
#3660 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Sketching : 26th Nov 2017 at 3:41 PM.
I'm not sure if this is an acceptable double-post, but it's been a few hours and this post is not related to my previous one. I'll merge them if I have to though.

Either my google-fu is not up to snuff or it doesn't actually exist, but I can't find a complete list of wants and fears to double-check. In my experience, I don't recall a fear of friends and relatives for a sim failing or excelling in university. It seems a bit odd since they can roll a variety of school-related wants and fears beforehand (A+, D, etc.), but other than wanting someone (even a dead sim but that's all right for some storylines, I guess) to go to university, they don't roll wants for dean's listers and cum laudes nor fears of them getting academic probations or being expelled.

Considering how some sims are adamant about their loved ones getting scholarships and attending college, I would've thought that the same sentiment would carry forwards. The way it seems to be can also be interpreted as "Please just move out of the house now," for some POVs.

Edit: I think I recall a fear of a friend's expulsion or academic probation. It's been a while though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this. It's mostly family members that I've noticed - I haven't had a single one rolling said wants or fears.
Lab Assistant
#3661 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:48 AM
Maid: Empties trash compactor. Drops trash on the floor right next to trash compactor. Complains about trash on the floor. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Immediately empties trash compactor again. And drops trash on the floor again. And complains again. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and takes trash outside. Drops trash on the ground outside. Goes back inside and resumes cleaning, completely ignoring trash outside. Comes back after 3 hours to pick trash up. Takes trash back inside to the trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and finally takes trash to trashcan outside.

Player: Incoherently screaming at monitor.

This is either a ploy to make more money (she gets paid by the hour after all) or some seriously stupid coding.
Mad Poster
#3662 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 12:05 PM
Thought that tabula rasa spell would stop a sim from whining about loneliness and halt the nagging of ensuring about "hey, we still friends?". Not even magic can stop her. Jeez. Guess I'm gonna take her talkativeness to her own literal grave in the cemetery since she is not taking the hint that the evil witch has zero interest in her.
Mad Poster
#3663 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 8:17 PM
No, it's the coding. I hate that, too. But, my landlords do the same thing and they aren't paid (at all, I guess). Inevitably, one of my pixels will somehow wander outside with a book and leave. The landlords will pick up it, put it down, pick it up, put it down.....for DAYS unless I delete him. I do while he's holding the book so it removes the source of the problem.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3664 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 8:19 PM
I know that it's coding fault, which I can assume developers overlooked that concern. Though I'll fix it. *Writes it down on a bucket list of hacks/mods to create*
Mad Poster
#3665 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
Maid: Empties trash compactor. Drops trash on the floor right next to trash compactor. Complains about trash on the floor. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Immediately empties trash compactor again. And drops trash on the floor again. And complains again. Picks up trash and puts it back into trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and takes trash outside. Drops trash on the ground outside. Goes back inside and resumes cleaning, completely ignoring trash outside. Comes back after 3 hours to pick trash up. Takes trash back inside to the trash compactor. Empties trash compactor and finally takes trash to trashcan outside.

Player: Incoherently screaming at monitor.

This is either a ploy to make more money (she gets paid by the hour after all) or some seriously stupid coding.

I have Cyjon's hack that makes maids use the compost bins when possible, but occasionally if I have a bin in an 'outdoor' area of another apartment, the maid will repeatedly try to route through the neighbour's apartments to reach it, and then dump the trash on the ground.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thought that tabula rasa spell would stop a sim from whining about loneliness and halt the nagging of ensuring about "hey, we still friends?". Not even magic can stop her. Jeez. Guess I'm gonna take her talkativeness to her own literal grave in the cemetery since she is not taking the hint that the evil witch has zero interest in her.

I think it's because the relationship wiping is one-sided. Your Sim's not friends with them anymore, but they're still friends with you.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3666 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 2:40 PM
I don't mind the victim/target losing relationship while the user/caster doesn't, but just doesn't make sense. If I know you well, but you don't know me well - why you shouldn't be nagging about how we're not friends when you see me as a complete stranger and you wouldn't even know my contact number by that fact I have wiped out myself of your memories. Amnesia doesn't work like that.
Inventor
#3667 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:03 PM
In a way, that previous comment does sound like me in the real world. How I am able to remember people fairly well even after some years, whereas at least one of these people wouldn't even remember me the next day. To me it's both a blessing and a curse.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#3668 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:48 PM
Looking at another thread reminded me of one of my Pet Peeves. Having to save before a birth to quit and reload if I want a specific gender baby. It takes forever sometimes to make the game give me the gender I want. I seriously wish there was a mod for Sims 2 that forces a certain gender.
Top Secret Researcher
#3669 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:12 PM
When you give a pet up for adoption, the officer that comes completely stomps one sim's queue. I'm trying to fill the puppy pool, just take them and go!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#3670 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
No, it's the coding. I hate that, too. But, my landlords do the same thing and they aren't paid (at all, I guess). Inevitably, one of my pixels will somehow wander outside with a book and leave. The landlords will pick up it, put it down, pick it up, put it down.....for DAYS unless I delete him. I do while he's holding the book so it removes the source of the problem.

You mean the landlord thinks he can't get into the apartment the book came from? Even though he can come in to fix stuff? I just keep the door unlocked, just to see if anyone interesting will come in.
===
And Strangetown: and in my game, the officer will often leave puppies behind, even after I have been thoughtful enough to take them downstairs and put them in the front yard. And why the POLICE anyway? If there is no "Animal Control" they should send Social Worker!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3671 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:50 PM
Had to give up playing the Sims 2. Motor skills deteriorated too much.

Scholar
#3672 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 3:33 PM
babies...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3673 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
You mean the landlord thinks he can't get into the apartment the book came from? Even though he can come in to fix stuff? I just keep the door unlocked, just to see if anyone interesting will come in.
===
And Strangetown: and in my game, the officer will often leave puppies behind, even after I have been thoughtful enough to take them downstairs and put them in the front yard. And why the POLICE anyway? If there is no "Animal Control" they should send Social Worker!

The doors in my apartments are seldom locked. My hoods are generally safe places to live. So, the landlord could come in and put the book on the shelf or drop it on the floor. He just enjoys the exercise of standing and bending, standing and bending, standing and bending

IHate, I am more sorry than I can say. I know how much you love this game and it breaks my heart that you can't play anymore. I'm holding onto hope that the doctor will have some help for you when you see him next week. (hugs)

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3674 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
Not holding too much hope at this point. Rather not be disappointed.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3675 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Had to give up playing the Sims 2. Motor skills deteriorated too much.

((((HUGS))))

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 147 of 274