Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:02 AM
Default My game is really laggy and my sims are slow to follow any commands
Hi-

Yes I have a ton of CC (not too crazy) and I always look for updated mods posts however my game started twiching with the fast forward not really moving fast at all and then repeating th time that's already past. Now I've got a family of 6 and every command I give them takes them at least 2 real time minutes to follow or they just don't do them at all. I've hard reset each member but to no avail. Has there been a new updated mods list I haven't found posted lately? I don't know what to do.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 7:44 AM
A ton of CC would only increase loading times, unless you certain you haven't got any outdated mods causing it, and can try a few suggestions

1. Clean out their inventories, and keep as just a few essential objects per sims.
2. Avoid using Lot Traits if possible, this especially appiles to poorly custom made ones.
3. Reduce your Played/Favourited Households list
3. Delete as many unwanted sims as you can, and prune those relationships.
4. Don't over furnitish lots with too many activites and deco
5. Stay in offfline mode when your not using the gallery
5. Upgrading your CPU and Graphics also helps to some extent too.
Deceased
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 11:59 AM
Also, check to see if you have a huge lastException file getting generated. I can't imagine why your game would be that slow unless your computer is vastly underpowered. It seems more likely that you have a mod that is generating huge amounts of errors and bogging down the game by constantly writing to the lastException file on your hard drive. I have seen this happen where a mod gone wild can throw dozens of lines per second into there, generating a 200 MB or larger exception file and that will slow the game to an absolute crawl.