Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 8:03 PM
wow this thread is great and useful
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:05 PM
i made a great one: 4 lime, 6 cherimola blan grapes
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 12:27 AM
Any new combinations since plasma fruit? Did the Sims team ever make fairy nectar do-able?
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalgam81
Any new combinations since plasma fruit? Did the Sims team ever make fairy nectar do-able?

Not sure about the fairy nectar, but I found one with lemon in my game. Haven't worked out the best combinations yet, and I think you only get lemons with a store world...
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:26 PM
Has anyone found any good combinations using the fruits from the store's Bohemian set?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#31 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chai
Has anyone found any good combinations using the fruits from the store's Bohemian set?
I think to have read somewhere that the game treats all Store harvestables the same, with the value of apples. So I guess any recipe containing apple should produce the same result with a Store fruit.
At least the wiki lists their nectar value as all the same: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:18 AM
This thread is older than some of my socks.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
This thread is older than some of my socks.

... and it had been raised from the dead more than once.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pepoluan
... and it had been raised from the dead more than once.

A bit like Katy Perry's career?
Field Researcher
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
A bit like Katy Perry's career?

She went in and out of Hibernate mode, fer shure :D

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#36 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 10:57 AM
IMHO this is a thread that doesn't lose its usefulness, even after years. In other forums this could very well be stickied. It's rather a pity instead that it hasn't got more than two pages.
Alchemist
#37 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 11:56 AM
A while ago I made an in-depth research about how nectar is calculated here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...lue_calculation. If you even bother reading it, it might interest your curiousness.

If you compare the nectar values from http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nectar_Making article, I completely doubt if those lists are reliable. That article is old and rarely revised.

Also, if you pay attention to the plant list in http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardenin..._Sims_3)#Plants, you'll notice that lemon is basically an apple and all other Store plants are slightly altered apple.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:43 PM
because my sim's needs were always static, they never tasted nectar. maybe i can try allowing their needs to be dynamic. i'm off topic, lol. I have considered nectar/wine combinations, but i'm not sure if i can try that.
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 8:45 AM
Understanding this thing is old, but just pointing out. The reason you only see a few grapes listed in the default game is because you need the Bohemian Garden Set in order to get the rest of the grape flavors, bananas, nuts, etc.
#40 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 10:30 PM
So is that where stuff like the craneleret or whatever it was comes from? Can someone give a list of where all the fruits come from?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 4:18 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Dec 2016 at 4:52 AM.
The six different exotic grape varieties come from WA, not the Bohemian set. I don't remember having any problems making nectar with them prior to that set being released, but they aren't going to be growing freely in homeworlds or on the shelves of the grocery store without cheats or mods to make them available and you still need WA to have them at all. The EA way, you have to go to other worlds to find the WA fruits -- France for the grape varieties, and then there's plums, pomelos, pomegranates, and cherries in the other two worlds. Players have reportedly found the other fruits in stores and private gardens in WA worlds where they didn't expect to see them, but it does get tedious tracking them all down without mods to bring them to you.

Bohemian added strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, pears, cocoa beans, pecans...I feel like I'm missing one or two here. Bananas came from Showtime, oranges I think from Grandpa's Grove, lemons from the Al Fresco Market set. My sims have food varieties coming out of their ears by now, so it's easy to forget where they all came from.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)

Edit: Snozzberries, that's one I forgot. Those come from the wallpaper on Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (not a set for sale, sorry). And I'm not sure they work as a nectar ingredient.
Page 2 of 2