Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#126 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:24 PM
(warning I am using ie and ie does not have a spell checker...)

I am a full on supporter of gay marriage and gay rights but this is where I have to draw the lines. I wish scientist would stop messing around with this unnescary(sp?) shit and start finding the cures for HIV/AIDS and Cancer. But not instead they want to do something mindless. Yes I am sorry if you are offend but the way I see it Gay and Lesbian marriages that want kids is a GREAT oppurtunity(sp?) for kids to be adopted. You know how many kids go homeless everyday with out loving parents? And because Gay couples are not capable of actually reproducing this a chance for all those those kids to have loving homes. But since science is being freaking retarded we are going to have more kids without homes..... Not to mention I feel strongly that having a baby should only be a woman's job but that is just me....
Advertisement
#127 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:27 AM
Ah!
They stole my idea! Now I have to pick a new career.

I was going to go into genetic engineering for just this sort of research. I thought someone might beat me to it, but still.
This makes me extremely happy as I wanted it to happen in the first place. I may have no personal use for it but it still makes me happy.
Scholar
#128 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AxelValentine
Ah!
They stole my idea! Now I have to pick a new career.

I was going to go into genetic engineering for just this sort of research. I thought someone might beat me to it, but still.
This makes me extremely happy as I wanted it to happen in the first place. I may have no personal use for it but it still makes me happy.

Plenty more challenges ahead in the field of genetic engineering. I suggest you keep heading towards that career, because if this interested you, there is bound to be some more hurdles along similar lines in future years.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:17 AM
Well, this isue heare deals only with female sperm cells and male ova still have to be discovered and tested, so yeah there's plenty of genetic engineering to be done.
Instructor
#130 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyluck89
(warning I am using ie and ie does not have a spell checker...)

I am a full on supporter of gay marriage and gay rights but this is where I have to draw the lines. I wish scientist would stop messing around with this unnescary(sp?) shit and start finding the cures for HIV/AIDS and Cancer. But not instead they want to do something mindless. Yes I am sorry if you are offend but the way I see it Gay and Lesbian marriages that want kids is a GREAT oppurtunity(sp?) for kids to be adopted. You know how many kids go homeless everyday with out loving parents? And because Gay couples are not capable of actually reproducing this a chance for all those those kids to have loving homes. But since science is being freaking retarded we are going to have more kids without homes..... Not to mention I feel strongly that having a baby should only be a woman's job but that is just me....

Yeah sure its a *great opportunity* for homosexual couples to adopt all those needy kids out there, but seriously cut the crap. If you were a fertile being wouldn't you like to have genetic children of your own? Even if you were attracted to the same sex. What does it matter? I'm all for homosexual couples to have genetic kids of their own.
And WHAT THE F**K?! How the f**k is this mindless? How is it 'unnessesary shit'? Obviously you don't have a homosexual person that is close to you. Why don't you stop being so narrow minded. K thanks

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#131 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 6:03 AM
Whuh-hoh! That was quite unexpected! As much as I am all for this experiment, I actually still want them to find a cure for HIV/AIDS as well. That would be nice!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
No offense, but the idea looks disgusting. Having children should stay between a man and a woman, not with two men or two women! Seriously, why come up with this?

And, population crisis? Adoption is the better solution. Or better yet--don't have children at all!

The better question is, why not? Why should having children stay between a man and a woman? Because it's "natural"? The computer that you are typing on is man-made.

I find it hilarious how many straight people are against gays adopting, then when this comes up they say "No, adopt! This is wrong!"

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
Scholar
#133 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 11:59 PM
I find it slightly irritating how such comments as: "Instead of messing around with nature, why can't they find cures for cancer etc?"

Believe it or not, there isn't a small group of scientists in a corner who pick and choose what they want a bash at this week. There are scientists who deal in one field and scientists who deal in another, figuring out how to master one section doesn't take away from another.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 12:12 AM
I think every group is finding everything, just that it takes time.
#135 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:06 AM
I'm not trying to be rude,but how can 2 females get each other pregnant,or 2 males.Sorry but that is impossible,the Good Lord didn't make it that way so therefore it will never happen?
Scholar
#136 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aries66
I'm not trying to be rude,but how can 2 females get each other pregnant,or 2 males.Sorry but that is impossible,the Good Lord didn't make it that way so therefore it will never happen?

The Good Lord gave us brains and hands, and therefore we are making it possible.
Instructor
#137 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doddibot
The Good Lord gave us brains and hands, and therefore we are making it possible.

Very good point. I agree with you 100%

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 8:45 PM

Did you not read the article? It IS happening.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
Mad Poster
#139 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:54 AM

Just because it's your belief to believe in a Holy Book does not mean it's many of our beliefs either, or at least not mine anyway. Sorry, this does't apply to some of us. And like the others have said... it IS happening.

Page 6 of 6