Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2976 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:11 AM
I took a two week hiatus from playing the sims. In the meantime I came up with ideas, design concepts, and stories for the world I was working on. It actually was great not being able to rush back to the game or caw with half baked ideas. As a result, I have finished what I think is my first completed/ more well-rounded world minus a few mistakes and lack of detail. Here is Cloud Bluff.

I looked at Block Island, RI and Nantucket, MA in the U.S. for New England coastal scenery.
The map is ann-sims edit of pixelsandcompany's "Kalapuna Island" since I wanted a normal atmosphere I traded the tropical atmosphere for the coastal atmosphere I got from Minasavenue's Duneoog.
Anyway, Cloud Bluff.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2977 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:45 PM
Default I downloaded a smaller player made world recently
I bought the digital copies of Generations and Uni and recently downloaded a smaller player made world so I could bump up the effects a bit on my laptop. I'm populating the small town with my own Sims, as usual. I made this "Swedish brother and sister" called Soren and Alma Johansson. I built them a house and made them "green, vegetarians, pc type folks who like to garden and sail." They eat organic food and a lot of jam sandwiches. No offense meant to any Swedes who I think are fantastic people.

Their small home:

They have a greenhouse in the back, a fountain in the front, and it's all brick and open concept. They only have one bedroom though so I think someone is going to have to move ASAP.

Soren: He's into saving the environment, frugal, a vegetarian, and loves to garden. I forget his other traits. I never played any Sim that seriously gardened so this is a new challenge for me.

This is Alma who is a Sim I named for a friend of a child in a Swedish vlog i watch. (TMI?). Anyhow, she's currently a lifeguard, likes to sail, vegetarian, and keep fit, and a few other traits I can't recall.

And we just have Soren here with Alma together. They seem quite severe in their brown outfits and unisex haircuts but they are going to be interesting additions to my town.

Soren seem to be taking to making tofu dogs and learning how to cook and gardening and Alma has already saved someone in the ocean.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#2978 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:54 PM
1: My medical sim is vaccinating a ghost with a giant syringe in the park... in the snow... while the two men in front of her are dying or playing football or something.
2: Tattoo gone wrong. I wanted a facial tattoo, don't know how the "artist" misheard this as "please smear half-finished tattoos all over my body"
3: I have a household with a couple of roommates, one of the women was pregnant when I asked her to move in. Family tree shows no father, so naturally I was excited about how the baby would look like.
It's the ugliest toddler I've ever seen, congratulations. Didn't even bother giving her a nice hairstyle.
Screenshots
Theorist
#2979 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
1: My medical sim is vaccinating a ghost with a giant syringe in the park... in the snow... while the two men in front of her are dying or playing football or something.
2: Tattoo gone wrong. I wanted a facial tattoo, don't know how the "artist" misheard this as "please smear half-finished tattoos all over my body"
3: I have a household with a couple of roommates, one of the women was pregnant when I asked her to move in. Family tree shows no father, so naturally I was excited about how the baby would look like.
It's the ugliest toddler I've ever seen, congratulations. Didn't even bother giving her a nice hairstyle.

HER???? Yikes.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#2980 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I took a two week hiatus from playing the sims. In the meantime I came up with ideas, design concepts, and stories for the world I was working on. It actually was great not being able to rush back to the game or caw with half baked ideas. As a result, I have finished what I think is my first completed/ more well-rounded world minus a few mistakes and lack of detail. Here is Cloud Bluff.

I looked at Block Island, RI and Nantucket, MA in the U.S. for New England coastal scenery.
The map is ann-sims edit of pixelsandcompany's "Kalapuna Island" since I wanted a normal atmosphere I traded the tropical atmosphere for the coastal atmosphere I got from Minasavenue's Duneoog.
Anyway, Cloud Bluff.

Looks great! Would you be willing to share it at all? I'm always looking for New England-style worlds.
Scholar
#2981 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Looks great! Would you be willing to share it at all? I'm always looking for New England-style worlds.

Sadly, I don't share. Mainly because all my stuff is soft edits meaning I didnt build anything really and don't actually own any of it. Sorry! But thanks for your interest. I will say though that almost anything I do is completely copy-able and can be done in a short time period. I can provide more pictures and references if you'd like to do it yourself. *also the world is still being tested because it is scheisse atm*
Forum Resident
#2982 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 4:27 AM
I just installed pets, and created a new sim-me and his Jack Russell Terrier to explore. Sim-me promptly made friends with two horses and was offered the chance to adopt one of their foals, but whenever he drops by the house no one is home. He tried to ride one and was kicked off...he was then accused of cattle-rustling even though he'd taken a cab to a restaurant and the horse was just doing its own Mr. Ed thing.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2983 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:57 PM
Aha, so are you enjoying Grey Meadow?
Scholar
#2984 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:08 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 14th Jul 2018 at 2:34 AM.
I did a play through of Cloud Bluff and wasn't feeling it, also it was laden with mistakes. Small world, small changes. I've now named it Fairwinds and this version is a lot more about self sustainment. I've found that my play style leans more towards survival and community ties than reliance on rabbit holes anyway.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#2985 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 12:20 AM
In my game I'm currently trying to save enough money to buy a farm and get one of my sims to level 10 in gardening and trying to get my male sim impregnated by an alien
Test Subject
#2986 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:12 PM Last edited by SimsNeedLots : 14th Jul 2018 at 7:14 PM.
Tyler Finally started building the farm! She's working on it bit by bit so it's going to be a long process but we already have our first friend, a lovely unicorn named Benny
Screenshots
Test Subject
#2987 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:10 AM
Tyler and Elliot have moved to the farm alongside their Snowflake day triplets Winter,Noelle and only boy RobinI wasn't expecting triplets but I'm excited to see them grow up, still no luck with the Alien baby though
Mad Poster
#2988 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:47 AM
I've loaded my 100 baby challenge in Storybrook County and it's almost mid spring in the year of 1553 there now.The Jankowskys had to go to work later in the day while the town's pool got a toddler pool replacing one of their playpens.
Site Helper
#2989 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:06 AM
Somehow it doesn't seem like a very good idea to make an enemy out of him, Charlotte...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#2990 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

I have no idea and I don't want to know.

What mod is this that creates dialogues like this? It's hilarious.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2991 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Somehow it doesn't seem like a very good idea to make an enemy out of him, Charlotte...
Yeah, especially because there are about a dozen of my minions working in the catering and services business of that town. It might start with a spilled drink, unfortunately ruining Charlotte's new designer dress, or some odd tasting finger food, but where it ends no one can tell.

Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
What mod is this that creates dialogues like this? It's hilarious.
Looks like NRaas Story Progression to me.
Test Subject
#2992 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:03 AM
On the phone chatting, I heard my sim saying 'You're Blond!'
Test Subject
#2993 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:51 AM
I'm currently playing two households. Both had pregnant sims, and both just had twins! Well, looks like I have to play some other family until the babies age up
Test Subject
#2994 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:47 AM
My Sim is gonna go and see a film "My First Turntable". Odd name if you ask me. Might be a book adaptation. And for some reason when you zoom out your Sims are so low-res they look like they're from the original Sims.
Field Researcher
#2995 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mister Simmy
My Sim is gonna go and see a film "My First Turntable". Odd name if you ask me. Might be a book adaptation. And for some reason when you zoom out your Sims are so low-res they look like they're from the original Sims.

I have noticed that some CC that I got in my game doesn't have a low-res version. So when you zoom out the clothes disappears, leaving behind a floaty head and shoes or some hair CC turned from a pony tail to a mid-length style. I found out that upping Sims textures meant I could at least zoom out a little before things went poof.
Site Helper
#2996 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I have noticed that some CC that I got in my game doesn't have a low-res version. So when you zoom out the clothes disappears, leaving behind a floaty head and shoes or some hair CC turned from a pony tail to a mid-length style. I found out that upping Sims textures meant I could at least zoom out a little before things went poof.

Yeah, I hate that! I had a few outfits that were apparently really popular with the random number generator when the homeless sims were being dressed. If someone had a body, it was usually because they were not wearing everyday clothes or they were one of the pre-mades.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
#2997 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:14 AM
I got a little stranger walk into the house, she wasn't even invited and she played with all the toys and playground lol

Zoe, on the other hand doesn't seem impressed of her intruding into the house...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#2998 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SayLegendary
I'm currently playing two households. Both had pregnant sims, and both just had twins! Well, looks like I have to play some other family until the babies age up

Changing households was a big mistake, as it turned out. While I was playing another family, I got a notification saying that a sim from one of these 2 families got pregnant again and had another set of twins! I'm definitely not returning to them any time soon I find it really strange that lately a lot of sims in my current save file have been giving birth to twins, even the ones that don't have fertility treatment reward
Scholar
#2999 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
52 simdays have passed in sunset valley;every single adult sim has died and every young adult is close to dying;this is in a save which is a 100 baby challenge that i attempted with agnes crumplebottom.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#3000 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:06 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 28th Jul 2018 at 6:30 PM.
Fharhond Glacier x Aurora Skies
Love it on a smaller map
Screenshots
Page 120 of 162