Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 10:54 PM
I also use snapobjects off (my alias) for occasionally placing OMSPs a bit more precisely. On top of pianos can be tricky placement sometimes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:26 AM
Sorry for breaking into thread like thid but is there a patch I need for the M&G? I have the pack but it's not installed yet.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:22 PM
@Mrmo No patch for M&G, AL is the last one with a patch. If you need any of the patches they are all hosted here.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Whoa what? I didn't know about this cheat! :D

Important cheats for builders:

- moveobjects on
- setQuarterTilePlacement on (toggle it with Ctrl+F)
- boolProp constrainFloorElevation false (this one is tricky, but with practice can change the way you build stuff)
- boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false
- boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
- setHighestAllowedLevel "NumberOfLevelsYouWant" (without the ", and be careful, going over 15/16 will crash the game)

There needs to be a list of these somewhere, not a lot of people know how powerful TS2 building system is.

M&G related. For a stuffpack it blows other stuffpacks out of the water if you are more about building a nice style exterior than you are about making interior designs.

It features 3 styles, with pieces of architectural deco that can be used as you want. Fences are really good with new fence columns, three tile grand staircases, new mansard roof set pieces that add on to apartment life ones, ceiling fans, few really useful statues, lots of nice plants that stand out as unique next to generic ones that were packed in the game up untill that point (wall wines are so useful!), animated fountain object and ofcourse 2 solar panels and an energy windmill.

You now get to change roof angles, place objets on quarter tile grid, choose architectural deco items and pieces from new category in build mode, change the color of the mailbox.
It really is a big pack.
Undead Molten Llama
#30 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:07 PM
To be fair, you could change individual roof pitches all the way back in Pets, with the individualroofslopeangle cheat. In fact, that cheat is FAR more flexible (and better) than the M&G system because:

1) The slope range is wider, 15 degrees to, I think, 70 degrees, where the M&G way only goes up to 52 degrees. You probably wouldn't want 70-degree roof slopes for playing, but they can be very helpful temporarily, when you're placing windows on roof walls, for instance.

2) You can adjust pitches to an infinite number of decimal places -- like 30.255484535798245894... degrees -- which is helpful when you're getting pieces of roofs to line up just so.

So, I'll use the M&G thing when I just need to quickly adjust the pitch of a roof piece to a whole number of less than 52 degrees, but if I'm really fiddling with a complex roof, the cheat is way, WAY better, and it was one that came with the Pets EP.

But, even so, M&G is well worth it. It's not an SP so much as a mini-EP, and I suspect it's made up of stuff that was meant to be included in AL but just isn't for whatever reason. For me, it's worth it just for the quartertile cheat, but the solar panels are also very important to how I play in certain neighborhoods. (I've got a whole neighborhood of homesteading folks who are "off the grid.") That being said, I wouldn't install M&G if you don't have AL installed. I myself got M&G before I got AL and I found that some things that M&G added didn't work right -- interactions fell out of queues, for instance, even when I tested in a no-CC environment -- until I installed AL as well, which cleared everything up. So, M&G only fully works if you also have AL installed. I'm guessing it's because all the stuff of both things were originally meant to be released together.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
That being said, I wouldn't install M&G if you don't have AL installed. I myself got M&G before I got AL and I found that some things that M&G added didn't work right -- interactions fell out of queues, for instance, even when I tested in a no-CC environment -- until I installed AL as well, which cleared everything up. So, M&G only fully works if you also have AL installed. I'm guessing it's because all the stuff of both things were originally meant to be released together.

I think this is important to consider when using mods too- M&G needs the AL version of most mods, but some will not work correctly without AL also being installed.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg502420
Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
Unfortunately, MGS is actually a more advanced engine than OFB, so overrides the object code, but the detection for engine requires AL to be able to detect the engine properly. Unfortunately, MGS has no detectable symptoms without AL installed, so it does not appear to be possible to catch this particular corner case and the configuration you are running is therefore cannot be supported.
Alchemist
#32 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:04 PM
Quote:
Sunrader
Hmm, if the workaround anti-Origin is simple to do maybe I should try that. I wonder if the free version offered to the person calling was a one-time thing? Plus do you think it could be a US-only offer? I would be calling them from Canada.

Yes, it's that easy. No, I'm sure it's not a one-time thing. Just ask until they give it to you. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with national boundaries since it's just a download, but if it does, come back and someone will here will help you, I'm sure.
Scholar
#33 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Yes, it's that easy. No, I'm sure it's not a one-time thing. Just ask until they give it to you. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with national boundaries since it's just a download, but if it does, come back and someone will here will help you, I'm sure.

The UC is not a US only thing. I chatted with them from Portugal.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:03 PM
It seems you still can get Ultimate Collection for free, so try it and see what happens. I've found this, and obviouly, it's not a US-only thing. https://www.neogaf.com/threads/you-...ht-now.1399156/
Instructor
#35 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:14 PM
Yes, I got my copy of the UC earlier this year. And it is not a US thing, I got it talking to EA from Portugal.
Page 2 of 2