Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2023 at 8:30 PM Last edited by StPatrick : 7th Apr 2024 at 11:22 PM.
Default [Testers Wanted] Sims University, Expanded
For a while now, I've been working on an expansion for Sims University; I was always disappointed that it didn't (couldn't) take advantage of the things the other EPs offered. So, I built on top of it! Now it's time to see what needs improvement!

I tried to change the University to have more of a "small college town" feel. I'm not sure how successful I was, but that was the idea, anyway.

I've added a bunch of new venues and updated a lot of the existing buildings, and added some new faces to the university! There's a new fraternity and a new sorority, lots of new nightlife options, and some consignment shops for more enterprising students to earn some extra cash!

Academically, both the Ruby C. Pascal Science Lab and the Charles Scurrow Art Studio have been added to the University.

The Student Center has seen some renovations as a result -- there's now a coffee shop where the old lab used to be, now that the Science and Engineering students got their own building, and the other room has been turned into a full public computer lab. There are also some new meeting rooms on the second floor.

The Gym has been updated with some new equipment (and now hosts regular meetings of the Martial Arts club), and now has an actual locker room in the basement. The pool has actual locker rooms now too.

New Venues:
Among the new venues are an actual arcade, The Ion Phaser, opened by Sims disappointed that the Bowling Alley, despite calling itself an arcade, didn't really feel very arcade-y.

The Smooth Sounds Karaoke Bar has opened across from the quad. It's the perfect place whether you want to catch some live music or perform some yourself!

Opening conveniently close to De Anda Hall is The Boxing Llama Sports Bar. Catch a game without paying those ridiculous stadium prices! Or get a private lounge if you do want to pay those stadium prices!

Across the street from the cinema is a new Local Watering Hole: Cheap Shots Bar. It's the perfect place to come in and get a drink, unpretentiously.

There are more entertainment options as well, from dance clubs to a fusion lounge to an exclusive lounge!

New Businesses

The new Consignment Shop, Hawkers and Gawkers, is the perfect place for more crafty students to sell their wares and earn some extra cash.

There's also a Salon along the same street, for your radical new haircut and tattoo needs. However, if you click on the building, you'll still get the option to join the Stylist profession. I've never tried this, but I imagine that joining a Profession in a University World wouldn't be pretty, so just don't do it.

Finally, Crockpot Alchemy Supplies, located right next to the new arcade, is a good place for more alchemical-minded Sims to sell their creations.

New Sims

The Science and Medicine Department is happy to announce that Dr. Ezekiel Zanderfruit will be joining the faculty! Claimed by some to be the first man on the moon, Dr. Zanderfruit is known for his extensive research into the supernatural. His wife Laura will be joining the Campus Police Department.
(Did you get this reference? If you did, good for you!)

Here's the new Fraternity, the Oresha-Hoh-Var fraternity. If their house looks suspiciously like the "Greek Revival" house from Twinbrook, that's probably because it is.

Here's the new Sorority, the Sims University chapter of the Tri-Var sorority. Note that there are no fairies in this house; that's a result of Story Progression. If their house looks suspiciously like the "A Doll's House" from Generations' premade houses, that's probably because it is.

The new fraternity and sorority have the two premade Plant Sims, Shea Hollis and Sharon Dorsey, added to them to guarantee you'll run into at least one PlantSim during your time at college. Two new PlantSims have also been added as Townie sims: Steve Hay (a Level 10 nerd) and Sarah Glover (Level 3 with all three groups). That's Sarah standing in front of the consignment store above.

Expansions and Stuff Packs
All the EPs, as well as 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff

Store Content Used (not required)
  • The Teppanyaki Grill
  • The deep fryer
  • The ice cream maker

Custom Content Used
Installation Instructions
(Note: this likely will not work with existing saves)
  • Install the world as normal
  • Navigate to your E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 University Life\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folder
  • Copy the "University Expanded" world from your Installed Worlds folder to the folder listed above
  • Rename the existing Sims University.world file to Sims University Backup.world
  • Rename the file you just copied over (University Expanded) to "Sims University.world"
  • Go to your WorldCache folder and clear any Sims University caches

This world is already flagged as a University World, so no messing around with S3PE should be necessary. The Meet and Greet even still works!

Remaining Work
Yes, there's still more work to be done, but if I don't put this up for playtesting at some point, I'll be tweaking it forever.
  • I'm considering redoing the pool so that it's all indoors and thus actually usable for the 75% of the year that most students are on campus.
  • The Exclusive Lounge. I'm not thrilled with how it turned out, and I'm considering either redoing it or getting rid of it entirely. Maybe I'll put another dorm there, or perhaps move the new Sorority there.
  • Similarly, the laundromat, Cheap Shots, and the Nectary could use some tweaking as well, if not being redone entirely.
  • That large area with the grassy strips right next to the arcade. There used to be lots there, but I got rid of them. I'm thinking about putting another parking lot in their place, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to do, or if I just want to leave that as-is and put some trees back in there.
  • Maybe adding some more houses with Supernatural Sims
  • Adding some spawn points for Supernatural seeds and plants
  • Adding some more streetlights to the road along the lake
  • Some of the descriptions need work. I wrote those a while back and thought I was much more clever than I actually am.

Credits
This site which hosted the CAW files for the University world.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  University Expanded.zip (157.37 MB, 2 downloads)
Description: Version 2
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Nov 2023 at 4:14 AM
This looks good. I added more to mine also as thought it was a bit bare with not enough to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 7:54 PM
After taking a break for various reasons (most of them related to Baldur's Gate 3), I've resumed work! I've updated the Exclusive Lounge and the Pool -- the former is now a lot nicer (I think), and the latter is now indoors.

The President's Club
The old President's Club was torn down to make way for the new one! There's now a library, a ballroom (mostly used for bubbles, but still!) and a nice outdoor area out back with driving ranges. There's also a kitchen now, which has no effect on gameplay but makes logical sense, at least.

The Pool
The Dive n' Splash Pool has undergone some changes and is now the Dive n' Splash Natatorium, so it's actually usable when class is in session. The restrooms have also been expanded into full locker rooms.

Other Changes
- Some Supernatural Sims have been admitted to the University! There's now one house of Fairies and one with a pair each of Werewolves and Vampires.
- I adjusted the Sims in the new Fraternity so it's no longer a PlantSim and a bunch of dudes wearing black.
- The new Sorority has a new student named Lauren Tan!
- Streetlights! Streetlights everywhere (or at least a lot more of them than there were).
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  University Expanded.zip (157.37 MB, 2 downloads)