Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Looks like the new patch broke most mods, I wonder if it broke mine... haven't got the time to try the game.

For whatever it is worth, in my game it works without any problem. I suppose you mean the DebugEnabler.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:11 PM
You're lucky. It does a CTD on loading in mine and since I had already installed the patch I can't do anything but uninstall the entire game and start over again. Bleh.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM
Looks like the new patch broke most mods, I wonder if it broke mine... haven't got the time to try the game.

My game won't load with the EditSimInCas mod installed; so I think the mod, ahem, sort of needs a remake... (wink wink, nudge nudge).

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
You're lucky. It does a CTD on loading in mine and since I had already installed the patch I can't do anything but uninstall the entire game and start over again. Bleh.

Yes I have been lucky this time, but with one of the patches of Sims 3 my game completely broke down; I had to reinstall, which didn't solve it, and finally had to consult directly with EA to get it running again. I can't understand the variation we users have with these games; you never know waht will happen.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 12:13 AM
My game won't load with treeag's EditSimInCAS or AutoDisableClothingFilter either.

@Man1968

What happened to your Sims 3 game? When I recently patched it my game got completely screwed up as well. I got script errors on all my custom sims and a huge flagrant system error from AwesomeMod.
Instructor
#31 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 3:53 AM
For all interested. I have made an interaction injector work.

Turns out that EA's update change some things with the interactions, so interaction injectors built with the earlier core won't work, but if they're built under 2.0 they seem to work. So even pure script interaction injectors will have to rebuild on 2.0, but they should work.

I'll be trying to update most of my mods this weekend.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:07 AM
Well, it seems most believe this particular patch to be worthless, so I'll shine some good upon it and tell you about a feature I stumbled upon. (if it has been discussed elsewhere then disregard this post.) when your in your active sims home, and you click on the floor of any room, it now gives you the option to set the privacy level. So at least they added that ability.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 2:28 PM
Useless, heck no!

The ability to click on a room floor and make privacy specifications is worth the trouble as far as I'm concerned.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zomgar2340
My game won't load with treeag's EditSimInCAS or AutoDisableClothingFilter either.

@Man1968

What happened to your Sims 3 game? When I recently patched it my game got completely screwed up as well. I got script errors on all my custom sims and a huge flagrant system error from AwesomeMod.

The game just wouldn't launch. The lower part of the launcher, for "version" showed just a series of zeros. The EA troubleshooter led me through several paths until finally, the problem was something I would never guess: it was in the cache of another program: the download manager. After deleting it, the game was fine. Still dislike EA though.
Instructor
#35 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 4:13 PM
It seems you can also retire a kingdom without using all your quest points.
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 12:30 AM
i moved everything out of my medieval folder....installed manual patch...moved it all back...and all is well...i had no problems installing it....
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:03 AM Last edited by MystykStar : 8th Aug 2011 at 6:03 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
Well, I've had no problems with the new patch. One mod made it hang on the load screen (when I was loading my save) but I can live without it. Whatever it was.
Before updating I didn't remove the resource.cfg or .dll files, just the mods. Then popped in the very few I still wanted to use. I got my game through Steam and updated automatically with that. Took forever but I've had no major issues.

Actually, I thought the privacy options came with a mod I installed. Good to know it's not mod-related, plus that's one less mod to find. Unlike TS3 I'm planning on only a couple of mods, not a folder full

The mods I have that work fine for me with the new patch are:

ShimrodsTSMLegendaryTraitsEnabledVer3 (I think it was updated for the patch, anyway, so I guess that doesn't count)
Treeag - TSMAutoDisableClothingFilter
The_Sims_Medieval_-_NoMosaic_1.1.10
TSM_maleskin_test_tummyza
Medieval_Female_Skins

Definitely happy with the new features
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM
Most of the really good mods have been updated to ver 2.0. (Thanks Shim!)
Only the debugenabler and some of the cheats like disableclothingfilter seem to be broken.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 7:24 PM
I liked seeing all my sim bin sims' faces again and I thought that changing a child outfit would be a nice idea. How many monarchs threw princesses wearing raggedy clothes? I had problems. I had bodiless sims floating around ingame, which I could dress by having a hero plan their outfit. In CAS, I couldn't create another sim! I have some in the bin that I made and I couldn't use them, they'd be floating heads and the game would freeze. I took out all the mods. Same problem. I ended up uninstalling and using the 1.3 patch instead. Sigh...
Instructor
#40 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 9:50 PM
My only problem with the patch, was that no buildings showed up, even after I built them, and I couldn't even enter create a sim/choose one of the preset sims as a hero. I think I'll stick with 1.3.13, It works perfectly for me.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
My only problem with the patch, was that no buildings showed up, even after I built them, and I couldn't even enter create a sim/choose one of the preset sims as a hero. I think I'll stick with 1.3.13, It works perfectly for me.

I have the exact same problem with 2.0. Sticking to 1.13.
Theorist
#42 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 5:32 PM
I finally had the time to update my mod that was broken, editincas, but I don't know if I should upload it, surely there are other mods with that feature now. So if there's anyone here who really want it, send me a pm.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 1:12 PM
I've just intalled it, and so far there's no major problems with my game. The only annoying thing I've found is my Knight Sim unequipping his armor when he goes to bed, and not equipping it back on in the morning. Not sure if that's a bug or a 'feature' though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have fixed itself.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 1:52 PM
I finally had the time to update my mod that was broken, editincas, but I don't know if I should upload it, surely there are other mods with that feature now. So if there's anyone here who really want it, send me a pm.

Oh I do very much Treeag! Tried sending you a PM but it says your box is full
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Briesetuts : 10th Sep 2011 at 5:15 AM.
Me too, got inbox full first time, but just resend request. I absolutely loved Treeag's editincas mod in my original game so keeping fingers crossed to find updated Treeag mod for P&N somehow

Si vos tribuo , vos mos suscipio :)
Mad Poster
#46 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:46 AM

I think this mod should be uploaded, making it available easily. Some players may not want a larger mod with some features they do not care about, whereas EVERYONE needs to have an Edit in CaS option in a Sims game.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I think this mod should be uploaded, making it available easily. Some players may not want a larger mod with some features they do not care about, whereas EVERYONE needs to have an Edit in CaS option in a Sims game.

Absolutely! I really only want that feature and the other mods with it, while wonderful, have just so much else with them that I don't want in my game. I like how your mods are in small bits, Shimrod, so people can just add the features they want.
Page 2 of 2