Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 9:54 PM
Default Some help needed ...
Hi there,

I want to create a more "asian-like" kingdom, but everytime I want to create some asian-looking Sims, they look like europeans with strange eyes *lol* Has someone tips, in which way I can create asian-looking Sims? Or some asian characters to download?

Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueMrreset
Hi there,

I want to create a more "asian-like" kingdom, but everytime I want to create some asian-looking Sims, they look like europeans with strange eyes *lol* Has someone tips, in which way I can create asian-looking Sims? Or some asian characters to download?

Thanks a lot!

Maybe try changing the skintone on one of the ones you've made and see if that makes a difference to the overall look? There are 3 skintones marked by EA as being Asian. Saying that, I've reskinned the body of Asian Medium and don't recall the face looking very asian when I tested it out. There is a male Asian looking sim pictured on page 3 of the share your simmies thread, made by smukase, but there's no download for it.
Maybe you could go by an image and try to recreate a person in CAS using their facial features? Skintone and hairline do really change the look of a sim quite a bit, so I'd start there trying to find a good match for one you've already attempted, and if this doesn't work then start again using an image to guide you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Maybe try changing the skintone on one of the ones you've made and see if that makes a difference to the overall look? There are 3 skintones marked by EA as being Asian. Saying that, I've reskinned the body of Asian Medium and don't recall the face looking very asian when I tested it out. There is a male Asian looking sim pictured on page 3 of the share your simmies thread, made by smukase, but there's no download for it.
Maybe you could go by an image and try to recreate a person in CAS using their facial features? Skintone and hairline do really change the look of a sim quite a bit, so I'd start there trying to find a good match for one you've already attempted, and if this doesn't work then start again using an image to guide you.

Thanks, I'll try. I have some pictures of mainly japanese middleage people.
Would be a nice game I think: The Sims Medieval: Samurai
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 8:01 PM
Hi there,

Thanks a lot!

You got me curious. Here's the closest I was able to get, and I see what you mean about some attempts looking European.

The only male I attempted
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 10:44 PM
@ChickieTeeta
Thank you for your efforts! Your Sims look far better than my Asian sims, the penultimate female Sim is very close to a Japanese woman, I think.
I have added an illustration of a japanese priestress!

Again a big thank you!
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 8:39 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 8th Jun 2012 at 10:51 AM.
@ChickieTeeta
Thank you for your efforts! Your Sims look far better than my Asian sims, the penultimate female Sim is very close to a Japanese woman, I think.
I have added an illustration of a japanese priestress!

Again a big thank you!

All these were made from sims I already had.
The one you pointed out was originally this (she's not my fave, and I think she looks better Asian, so thank you for your post)

I took sims I had and on all of them I changed the hair so it was straight, the hair color to black, the skintone to the one just after the darkest caucasian one, the eye rotation, and the 2 sections for eye parts for the upper and lower eye. Occasionally the eye distance but not often, and make-up and eye color. All the sims were originally caucasian, a couple actually looked scandanvian to start with.
The illustration you posted is very pretty. It's a shame there isn't a wider choice of hairstyles to use. The hair on the illustration would be great, but since there's nothing even similar to this in game it's doubtful you'll get a sim to look like that
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 7:59 PM
I like your sims, the last looks a bit like the young Elizabeth Taylor ...
I went to my lab and create some new Sims, but they don't look asian, but look here!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 4:28 AM
Hi there,

Thanks a lot!

Study this and then really get a feel for what each slider controls, then combine them artistically. I wish it was easier to explain but it's mostly looking at faces as a 4D concept with the sliders being the bones and muscle on the inside or how tight the skin is or how fat is distributed depending on which one you use. Also you might want to commit to an ethnicity or country (for racial diversity) since "Asian" can mean anything from Indian to Filipino and larger countries such as China containing many ethnicities all with various common bone structures and skin colors. I'd suggest using the sliders below "orangey-tan" except for "pink-pale" unless you find some sort of skin replacement. If you want it to be period based, search for "(era) art" (ie: edo art) in google images and see how the average person and royalty looked like from whichever ancient kingdom you want to emulate.

I might take a crack at sharing a simmy later, but right now I have a war to mediate. Like Colin Powell or Henry Kissinger or the Clintons or somesuch.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:34 PM
Try resetting the cheekbones, and rounding out the face a bit it should help. It sets things up European by default but things can be changed in CAS - just use the options found under the magnify glass.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:22 PM
Default A more Asian looking sim
OK, so I got bored since my hair project is on standby and I took a stab at making a more Asian looking sim. Anyone who likes has my complete permission to use this one as they please and modify to your hearts content.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Jane_Asian.zip (378.0 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content