Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:50 PM
Default The Sims 4 at E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)
I read this and found it interesting. The article is a little old - as in about 15 days old - but I think E3 will have a good reveal and I can't wait to see the trailer. E3 is June 11-13, and as someone mentioned before it will be televised and streamed online I'm sure.

EA had been teasing The Sims community with a strange message that was encoded in Simlish, the native gibberish of the Sims. Well its secrets have been spilled forth and we learn... some dates.

Fans are told to "remember" the following days: May 23rd, June 18th and July 9th. The message also announces a trailer will debut "June 10th @ E3". Also mentioned are dev team members.

Interestingly for the community many of the named developers on The Sims 4 have pedigree in The Sims 2, meaning they could be pushing to visit more of the franchise's roots.

EA has assured all that The Sims 4 will not be taking a similar direction as SimCity, meaning it will fully support offline singleplayer, as it won't feature any 'always-on' requirement. The Sims 4 is due in 2014.

Fingers crossed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 9:29 PM
Hoping that the upcoming trailer is about TS4. Also hoping that if it IS, we get relevant information rather than a euphoric, overenthusiastic spiel about how the new sims are going to be awesomely exiting. I'd rather judge for myself, so a bit of the actual gameplay might be nice. But a trailer would still be good.

Wonder what July 9th is about, though. Maybe they'll tell us on June 18th?

TS2 Challenge Addict.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladyhawke976

Fans are told to "remember" the following days: May 23rd, June 18th and July 9th. The message also announces a trailer will debut "June 10th @ E3". Also mentioned are dev team members.

Er, what happened on May 23rd? I was on vacation, and don't remember reading any news about some information break happening then. Did I miss something?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 10:21 PM
Just that awkwardly, stupid broadcast of introducing that woman producer and along with Ryan they were reminiscing instead of showing screens and gameplay of Dragon Valley. Now I know why they didn't spend much time with DV, nothing to show.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Just that awkwardly, stupid broadcast of introducing that woman producer and along with Ryan they were reminiscing instead of showing screens and gameplay of Dragon Valley. Now I know why they didn't spend much time with DV, nothing to show.

Amen to that.

I'm really hoping the reason we are getting all this half assed junk is because they are hard at work on the Sims 4.

One can dream.
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 1:49 AM
I think they got the letters reversed with DV, at least based on the initial impressions about that quality world over in the TS3 arena.