Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:53 AM Last edited by zitao : 26th Jun 2015 at 3:04 AM.
Default EA Games folder deleting itself.
For some reason, that's incredibly annoying, my EA Games folder keeps getting deleted out of My Documents folder. It happens every so often - more frequently over the last week. Most of the time, I would play for a week or so with no problems, but the launch the game to play again, only to find that my games and setting had been deleted. This is quite annoying because I have over 160 hours logged up, and nothing to show for it.

Any help as to why the folder keeps deleting itself?

I have The Sims 3, Late Night, High-End Loft Stuff, Pets, University, and Seasons.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 6:25 AM
When did this start happening?
Did you install any new programs around the time it started? If so, which ones?
Does anyone else use the computer?
Did you run a spyware scan? An anti-virus scan?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 6:36 AM
It started about three months after I got my computer, so roughly 14 months ago? No programs or updates were installed, nor uninstalled. I'm the only person that uses the computer, and all scans have turned up normal.So far nothing has changed. Perhaps there's a setting I'm missing somewhere?
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 7:28 AM
I doubt it, i've never heard of a setting that deletes a folder.

Did you try reinstalling the game to a different location? Your save files n mods will still be installed to My Documents, but i cant really think of anyrhing else to try.

If you usually install it to C:/Program Files/, try creating a folder called C:/Games/ and install it there.

Not sure the exacr procedure when using origin, but im sure theres an option somewhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 7:32 AM
I've just reinstalled the game + expansions, so if it happens again, I'll try to install it in a different location. That's the thing though - it's deleting out of My Documents, so it wouldn't matter where I saved it, right?
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:35 AM
No it shouldnt. But sometimes registry entries get messed up and re-installing the game to a different location will create new registry keys. Might help, but i dont think so.

I honestly dont know what could be causing a folder to delete periodically.