Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2013 at 8:12 PM
Default Family funds/individual funds.
It bothers me that when I have a household thats not a family, that my sims cant each have their own supply of cash.

I'd like to be able to divide the funds amongst my sims, so that their own personal income goes to their own funds and its not all thrown on the pile.

In build mode you could choose whose funds you use, household funds would still be available. Buying something of a sims personal funds would mean its marked as theirs. If its sold, the funds return to them.

I'd simply want the option to set different ways to handle the funds of the household.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th May 2013 at 8:22 PM
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2013 at 8:36 PM
This can be a good idea, if they don't make it too complicated. For example, it can become helpful when you move out a sim, so he/she takes only his/her own money from the household's cash.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2013 at 5:01 PM
Doesnt need to be too complicated. The options could be selected from a pie menu when you select the mailbox.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2013 at 6:38 PM
There could be a bank venue for a full-on banking experience. This can also be the new location for the stock market, any real estate-related activities, and financial inheritance when a Sim dies. A career as an accountant, teller, and stock broker can also be available in this venue. ATMs will certainly compliment this system.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2013 at 4:39 PM
A nice touch yes, making money a physical thing. Sims would have to watch their bank pass since thieves could steal all of it.
Instructor
#7 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:59 PM
It'd be a very nice feature. Especially if you could have the parents give their kids allowance (and you could choose just how much they receive, depending on how rich the family is. It could be as low as twenty simoleons and as high as a thousand simoleons).
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th May 2013 at 11:01 AM
YES! I have wanted a Sims bank for so long now!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th May 2013 at 1:23 PM
I disagree. It would introduce too much micro-management, when you have to calculate how much of the income should go to each family member and how much to the shared family funds. And way too often we would find ourselves going into the sims' inventories to move money from one sim's inventory/account to another's, when we find that a sim paying for merchandise or a service is a few simoleans short of completing his/her deal.
I would rather spend my time playing the game on interactions between sims, not on managing the bank accounts
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letrax
I would rather spend my time playing the game on interactions between sims, not on managing the bank accounts

Sims could mooch off other sims. It would not be more complicated than playing a single sim household.
Instructor
#11 Old 24th May 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letrax
I disagree. It would introduce too much micro-management, when you have to calculate how much of the income should go to each family member and how much to the shared family funds. And way too often we would find ourselves going into the sims' inventories to move money from one sim's inventory/account to another's, when we find that a sim paying for merchandise or a service is a few simoleans short of completing his/her deal.

It doesn't actually take that much time -- I end up doing most of the banking-type stuff using mods and hacks in my sims 2 game, because then I can have a bit more control over my sims' financial picture.

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Instructor
#12 Old 25th May 2013 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
There could be a bank venue for a full-on banking experience. This can also be the new location for the stock market, any real estate-related activities, and financial inheritance when a Sim dies. A career as an accountant, teller, and stock broker can also be available in this venue. ATMs will certainly compliment this system.

I like this idea. I would really like the option of applying for a mortgage too? Perhaps with a 10% deposit they are able to buy the house they are renting and pay it off over time.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th May 2013 at 8:07 AM
I would like to add that ur bank ideas are awesome but what about actually watching your sims transacting money from their account??
Tat's even more awesome! right?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:59 PM
if this happens i'm totally making a prostitute sim
Scholar
#15 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:02 AM
I like all of these ideas, I wish EA would make them come true.........