Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:41 AM
Gummi has agreed to judge. She has been out and didn't realize the contest had started. She had agreed to before, but things have been interesting. She will be on later to do her official application However if anyone else comes along, we can always have more emergency judges... Nothing like not having to do it myself :P

I posted this twice in one thread, and not at all in another.. I am definitely tired LOL.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#52 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:43 AM
*waits for the contest to start for real real*

I may or may not have my entry ready to go...I swear I'm not cutthroat competitive, I just want to shaaaare

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:45 AM
Well we will start in the morning as soon as I am awake enough to announce it, and put in the countdown timer
Instructor
#54 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:51 AM
lol that's funny kanzen..

Yes, Jo we need a juice bar..I don't drink anymore except when putting on the smilies

Thank you everyone..and well the panic mode just started

When does this start?????
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:54 AM
In the morning, I will put a countdown timer in for 2 weeks, @broomhilda61 and it will officially begin. our last straggler and any play alongs have until the end of that first round to get signed up but after that it is completely closed.
Instructor
#56 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
Ok thank you gdayars..

Now what do I do???? I'm sorry I am all new to these kind of contests..and of course I still have to find all my items that I want and need..
Mad Poster
#57 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:05 AM
I would like to judge I have several lot uploads, some of which sort of fit into the theme of this contest.
- Mitra vacation home, based on Saturnfly's The Mitra
- Funtopia water land, an entertainment community lot in a tropical style
- Sunnyside mall, a mall with a restaurant and entertainment, loosely based on a real mall I used to go to in Sevilla, southern Spain

I love to travel, and Bon Voyage is one of my favorite expansion packs, so I say, bring it Wanderlust! Can't wait to see what you guys all create for this contest

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:17 AM
@gummilutt you are added and @broomhilda61 for the first round you build 1. Restaurant/food lot (not necessarily a restaurant that is an example) 60,000 2x3 it can also be 3x2. You have to pick one theme for each lot type, from the following: tropical, mountain/country, eastern, or desert. Once you choose one for each type of lot, you cannot repeat that theme. Your goal is to build it as closely as possible to theme, and to type, but still show as much uniqueness and build quality as you can. Decor and playability count as well Be careful to stay under budget, and look at the picture rules!
Instructor
#59 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:22 AM
Thank you so much gdayars..

I am starting to really shake here now lol...panic mode..lol..

What is Eastern..??? and does this have to be in the bon voyage neighborhoods..I do have the Ultimate Collection..

Sorry for all the questions..I tend to do this even at CBS lol..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#60 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:24 AM
For those that are unsure, the first round is 1. A food lot/restaurant style lot. Then pick an area: 1 Tropical, 2. Eastern,3 Mountain/Country, 4. Desert. (you can only pick an area once) Round one must be on a 2 by 3 lot size and you have up to $60,000 to spend.

Eastern/Asian You don't need BV, it can all be cc. I would suggest going with the area that you like the best first, but maybe going with the one you are least sure of might be good to get it out the way. So you pick Eastern go google Asian decorating and Asian restaurant to get some ideas. Look up Asian CC since that might spark more ideas.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#61 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
I would like to do the play-along, please, if that's still available.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:29 AM
Eastern is Oriental (I suppose it could be middle Eastern as well since I didn't specify)

it doesn't have to be in a vacation hood, just something you would be apt to see if you went on vacation there so think along the lines of an Oriental restaurant. I really was trying to leave it somewhat open for interpretation, as I was hoping for some great creativity to emerge
Instructor
#63 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:30 AM
Thank you Jo..

Thank you gdayars.. and sorry about that..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:31 AM
Link Ninja
#65 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
Is it correct that if you use the 'i' info button that lot size: 20x40 that this = a 3x2/2x3 lot?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:42 AM
I think so but Jo is checking for me Charmful

Yes it shows one off so that would be correct.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM
ah, I just realized that we have a 60,000 budget limit.
I wonder how much my usual lots fetch...dear oh dear
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:45 AM
I've made over the post to be fancily worded @gdayars :D

AKA. Anora Acadian
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#69 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:45 AM
The road adds 10 tiles to the lot info button, so the game will say 30 by 30 which means the lot is actually 2 by 3.

The easiest Way is hover your mouse over the empty lots in game, it will tell you. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:47 AM
which means the other size allowed is probably the 40 by 20 or whatever. and ok @kerri191 I am adding you
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#71 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:51 AM
40 by 20 sounds like a custom size.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:52 AM
I will go in and test really quick as I have a cc free testing hood

CLARIFICATION: the game adds 10 to the second number. so 2x3 is 20 by 40 and 3x2 is 30 by 30. EITHER of these is acceptable for the first round
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#73 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:57 AM
40x20 would be right if the short side is the front. 30x30 would be for long side front

...or maybe visa versa but still should be right for one of the allowed versions...I think...but now I've confused myself, lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:57 AM
This is what I mean about mouse hover and lot size.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
CLARIFICATION: the game adds 10 to the second number. so 2x3 is 20 by 40 and 3x2 is 30 by 30. EITHER of these is acceptable for the first round Repeating here in case no one saw my old post :P

Page 3 of 59