Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:34 PM
Default Help with Adding Seating to Picnic Table
Hi - I'm trying to create a farmhouse style table with bench seating on each side. I want it to be larger than the ingame picnic table and seat three people on each side instead of two. Using S4S, I tried moving the existing seating slots on a picnic table towards the ends of my larger mesh and adding an additional seating slot in the middle. But that doesn't work. I'm guessing it's because there are only 4 seating sections for the picnic table in the bones area of the warehouse?

I've tried a number of things including cloning a regular dining table that already has 3 seating slots on each side and changing the tuning to make it behave like picnic table seats. That didn't work either.

I also duplicated the b_subroot_0 and b_subroot_1 in Blender to make b_subroot_4 and b_subroot_5 and positioned them. But when I import the edited .blend into S4S, the new seating positions don't show up. Do I have to manually add the new seats in S4S after doing this?

I feel like there's a way this should be able to be done since we do have tables that seat three on each side and a bench seating animation already in the game. However, getting it to work properly is beyond my current understanding of bones/rigs/slots/tuning. Can anyone give me some direction?

Thanks!

The table WIP: