Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 4:18 AM
Default Delphy's Pattern Packager Will Not Load
The title pretty much explains itself. When ever I try to run it Windows gives me a message that PatternCreator has stopped working. So I'm wondering if this has to do with my computer or the program itself. Does anyone still make patterns for Sims 3? Any help will be welcomed. Thanks.
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 1:33 AM
Hi @Silkrobe

Have you ever updated DirectX to the latest version?

I had experienced with program like CTU (CAS Texture & Unitool) quitting by itself because stopped working problem. The solution to make CTU work again (I'm on Win 10 64 bit) was installing DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Perhaps similar program like Delphy's Pattern Packager needs DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to be updated. The program runs perfectly on my PC.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Hi @Silkrobe

I had experienced with program like CTU (CAS Texture & Unitool) quitting by itself because stopped working problem. The solution to make CTU work again (I'm on Win 10 64 bit) was installing DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Perhaps similar program like Delphy's Pattern Packager needs DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to be updated. The program runs perfectly on my PC.

OMG thank you so much for replying! I will try this right away!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Hi @Silkrobe

Okay so I just tried this on my Windows 7 computer, no luck I forgot to mention above that I've tried Delphy's Pattern Packager on both of my computers (Windows 7 and Windows XP) and both refuse to load the program. >.<
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quick question, if some one could please answer, do you need the sims 3 installed for the pattern packager to run?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 9:51 PM
if I recall right, yeah, since CTU uses the game's data. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Mar 2017 at 6:49 PM
Update: My new boyfriend helped me last night (he's the best!) to figure out the problem. We used his computer, Windows 7. What he did: uninstall net frame work 3.5 then reinstall it. Then loading the pattern packager (Patternpackager.exe) DIRECTLY FROM WinZip. He says he doesn't know if uninstalling and reinstalling net frame work 3.5 was what fixed it. That the main problem could have just been that we were trying to load the Pattern Packager outside of WinZip. Oh and to abswer my own question above, no you do not need sims 3 loaded on your PC for pattern packager to work. Sadly for me I still can't get the pattern packager to run on my own Windows 7 even though I did exactly what my boyfriend did on his PC. Hopefully I can eventually get the pattern packager working on my PC.