Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 7:09 PM
Default I don't get werewolf....
It took me a long time to finally turn my sims into a werewolf, but the. I was like beh there is nothing special about werewolf ! They walk funny and behave erratically. Apart from that, there isn't anything special . They can't even love forever like vampires. How can I make werewolf fun ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 7:16 PM
In my supernatural 'hood, vampirism and lycanthropy both have huge social stigmas attached to them, so Sims who are afflicted with a condition like that end up essentially being banished, and forced to live on the outskirts of town, without being allowed to have a career in that neighborhood. It doesn't change the nature of a vampire or a werewolf per se, but casting a Sim who has a condition like this as a social outcast can make for some interesting storylines- particularly if you have lots of other Sims in the 'hood either be turned off by lycanthropy or vampirism, or not be knowledge Sims, so they'll be afraid of the activity of these cursed Sims.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 7:25 PM
I accidentally managed to turn 2 of 4 Montys in the Monty Ranch into werewolfs. I quite like them. Normal by day, but by night they howl and make all the wolves appear on the lot so they can train more of them for protection (against the Capps). The only problem I have with them is that when they go into werewolf mode with the furry skin texture and the hairstyle (which females don't seem to get?) that their thumbnail picture sometimes beheads them, or gives them a flashy-blue face - but this is only when I exit back to the neighbourhood while they're in werewolf mode.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 10:40 PM
I like how the appearance of a werewolf in a neighborhood affects so many Sims. Even those who didn't know him or her before being turned suddenly show wants and fears about werewolves. For seasons on end they want that werewolf cured, or they fear the howl, or they want to become werewolves themselves. It adds a subtle undercurrent to the neighborhood story. My female werewolf also wanders onto various lots that I'm playing in the middle of the night; she usually stops to read the newspaper if it's still on the ground. That habit alone makes me enjoy werewolves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tancred
I like how the appearance of a werewolf in a neighborhood affects so many Sims. Even those who didn't know him or her before being turned suddenly show wants and fears about werewolves. For seasons on end they want that werewolf cured, or they fear the howl, or they want to become werewolves themselves. It adds a subtle undercurrent to the neighborhood story. My female werewolf also wanders onto various lots that I'm playing in the middle of the night; she usually stops to read the newspaper if it's still on the ground. That habit alone makes me enjoy werewolves.

But it is not possible to visit other residential lots, or is it ?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:54 AM
No, but other playable Sims will occasionally stroll past your current household's lot just like a townie does, and with the personality that a werewolf gradually develops, some interesting things can result from them doing a walk-by... I often see my werewolves stealing newspapers when they show up, not just reading them!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#7 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:47 PM
I dunno, somehow werewolf never did anything for me either. Now if there were werecats, I'd be all over that
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 4:15 AM
There are cat ear accessories that you can put on your sims. I have a whole family of werecats. XD

I personally wish that the savage action could be made autonomous so I can have a Harry Potteresque werewolf where if you don't lock them up they go out infecting the neighbourhood. It seems so silly to have Remus Lupin making himself a sandwich in the kitchen while his father sleeps peacefully in his bed.

Also I really wish that they could turn into actual wolves. I'm guessing that would be a bitch to mod though.