Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:36 PM Last edited by soulblazer : 8th Oct 2018 at 4:48 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom videos don't show up on TV if they are long
Is there a size limit for the custom videos?

I added a short video (a few minutes long) and it played correctly on my Sims' plasma, but then I wanted my Sims to actually watch my favorite movies, so I grabbed my Star Wars Theatrical Version movie and converted to AVI format; I also reduced the frame rate as specified on the tutorial. I did ALL the steps just like I did with the short video. The TV shows a black screen with the movie, but shows the short video as intended.

The short video plays correctly, but the Star Wars movie doesn't
Is it because the movie is too big on MB?

What's the MB limit for videos? Do I need more RAM? A more potent graphic card?

Have you been able to get an actual movie to play on your Sims' TVs?

Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:23 PM
No it won't play long videos - I can't remember what the limit is but it's a LOT LOT LOT less than a full length movie. RAM will make no difference. There's a hard limit in the game code.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:26 PM
@soulblazer
You can use the trailer of the movies you want your sims to watch. They only take a few minutes and got the essence of the movie.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM
Maybe if you split the movie into several smaller parts using a video editor that might work as a work around. I haven't tried putting full length movies in the video folder yet nor did I ever try to so i'm not sure that it would work or not so take my comment with a grain of salt.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Maybe if you split the movie into several smaller parts using a video editor that might work as a work around. I haven't tried putting full length movies in the video folder yet nor did I ever try to so i'm not sure that it would work or not so take my comment with a grain of salt.

I think it will work, but I don't know if the game randomizes the video it shows. So it's not sure those seperate videos will be shown in the correct order to see the whole movie.
Also a sim will never sit down for a whole real life hour and a half or how long the movie lasts.
Even at the slowest game speed a real life hour can be several sim days.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:56 PM
I think they could if you keep their needs static and turned freewill off. You could also freeze,slow and speed up the game's time with the clock freezer found on this site somewhere. I had forgot the exact whereabouts it had been a long time since I downloaded it here.