Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:31 PM Last edited by Lilly Rose1231 : 10th Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Suddenly Stopped Recognizing Dedicated Graphics Card
I play TS2 on Windows 10 with a dual graphics card setup; the dedicated card is an Nvidia GeForce 940 MX. It's worked perfectly up until now. I have all the settings done correctly so that the game should run with the dedicated card, but it's suddenly (as in the last week) stopped doing that and will run only using the Intel chipset even when I click "run with graphics processor..." to select the card. Is there a way to fix this? Was it maybe a driver update I can roll back? Or am I stuck using the chipset from now on?

Edit: Also, the card works just fine with other games, so it's definitely still operational.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:37 PM
I have the same problem with my laptop Nvidia card. I've tried to change the settings to play TS2 on it, but no matter what I do (I've tried re-adding the M&G EXE to it multiple times), it won't stick, and shows integrated card as the standard choice. The "Run with graphic processor --> Nvidia" choice also doesn't work.

I tried fixing drivers, and pretty much everything else, with no luck.

The only thing that did help was to go to the Nvidia control panel and set the Nvidia card to be the main graphics card for everything (but change programs I didn't want to run on it to run with the integrated card). I had it set as such for a while, but noticed my laptop would more often go warm for no reason, so I changed it back to "automatic choice" - but when I want to play TS2 or use Bodyshop I temporarily set the Nvidia card as the main graphic card in the Nvidia panel.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:26 PM
Fixed! I had to update my drivers through the device manager. That also seems to have fixed the issue with Nvidea cards not running windowed mode properly.