Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:44 AM Last edited by Oesau13 : 17th Nov 2018 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Solved!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game adding sims to my household without my "permission."
I've got a weird bug/glitch in my game. All EP/SPs, running on windows 10, Just about every NRAAS mod installed except StoryProgression (So, Porter and Mover are installed), all up to date.

I am playing my main story family, when the game will hang for a second (usually in the morning) and random NPC sims will be added to my household.

What could be causing this? Right now, I'm just going into Edit-Town, splitting up the household (aka removing the random sims) and throwing them into another empty lot to get rid of them.

I cleared out my cache, but when I play again and it happens again, I'll see if it generates a script error. Haven't seen one yet.

It's annoying, and I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:56 AM
The sim is not controllable by you? That would be a roommate then. Either the lot your sims live on is of type Residential-Apartment (as viewed in Edit Town) rather than Residential-Regular or somehow the town's Roommate Service got switched on. You should be able to call up by phone to cancel the service.

By the way Mover only concerns itself with the interface and limits imposed when your active family moves in-world (on purpose, by phone/computer and to some extent by way of Edit Town) and Porter actually does nothing at all unless or until you engage it to pack/unpack some households.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Oesau13 : 17th Nov 2018 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Solved!
No, they end up being controllable, too. Weird. I'll check to make sure that it's not been changed via a vis the residential and call to cancel the service. I do use MC to open up restaurants to change decor and then close them, and usually it's those folks that get added to my household.

Oh, and it's only one household, too. (I play in rotation). My Ducharme household. Not the Ratchets, not the vampire house, not the apartment building where I have the Peddler/Pincher household.

I am definitely gonna do what you suggested and check it all, see if it does it again and log a time/generate a script error to see what it's doing.

ETA: Yep, that was it - somehow roommate services was turned on. I had my sim turn it off. Playing thru the morning in game to see if it sticks! Thanks so much!

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13