Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 5:14 AM
Default What are all the different ways to warm up/cool down?
I know for warm up there's the fireplace, and the thaw option. (I just got Seasons and haven't played Winter yet, so I'm not sure about this...)

And for cool down there's lemonade, showers, baths, getting drinks from the sink or the well and water balloon fights.

Anything else?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 2:11 PM
Having long baths instead of showers warm me up to the red, also having hot chocolate, other than that I can't think of anything else right now.

Maybe you automatically have cold showers during the summer/spring I'm the oppostive I haven't played those seasons yet.
#3 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:00 PM
i always thought showers heated you no matter what season you were in?? maybe im wrong!! Prima guide anyone??
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:03 PM
They do heat you up, no matter the season. I believe there's already a thread on this somewhere in here.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:14 AM
How strange... showers always cool my sims down.

Thanks SilentPsycho, I found the other thread.

By the way, how do you make hot chocolate?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 4:09 AM
well Realisticly showers should warm you up, well in Winter in my game it does.

And the Hot Chocolate machine is in the buy catalog, its just like a Coffee Experaso machine, except you make chocolate.
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:07 PM
Make outs and woo-hoos seems to make my sims temps rise! Not a bad way to warm up after coming in from the cold! LOL! :D
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:28 PM
Yep a long and deep kiss can warm the sims just after a throwing snow ball battle and for me too a shower is a good way to refresh my hot sims. :p
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 6:54 PM
And exercise warms you up. My sim burst into flames on the treadmill...
#10 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Paradise
And exercise warms you up. My sim burst into flames on the treadmill...

No way!! That can actually happen?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 12:23 AM
drinking juice from the fridge cools you down.
#12 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brook_Lynn_Marie
No way!! That can actually happen?

Well, one of my sims have already been frozen.. i left her in the outside without outerwear, and she got frozen.. and i think that if you leave 'em so much time under the sun, they got burnt xD that's the logic, but i'm not sure of..
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Aug 2007 at 1:23 AM
The juice keg from Uni cools them down. Tomato juice heats them up.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 9:49 AM
Having water from the sink cools mine down a lot, so that really helps in summer. And I let them play and jump on couches to warm them up.
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 10:28 AM
Maybe swimming in a pool can help cool them down? I haven't tried (I always forget my sims have a temperature!) but it'd make sense...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 12:09 PM
Anything for toddlers?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 12:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jun 2016 at 4:24 PM.
If they get too hot, they can get a sunburn/red skin, and might eventually have a heatstroke (heatstrokes resolve at night and with cooler weather, or have a sim throw a glass of water on them if you don't want to wait). If they get too hot in the hot tub, they can occasionally spontaneously combust (had that happen once or twice).

Cooling sims down: They can drink lemonade from the juicer or water from a sink, go indoors, have water-balloon fights, or jump into a pool.

If they get too cold, they freeze solid and fall to the ground (they first get a blue skin overlay - if that happens you should heat them up immediately). Sims who have a close relationship to them can "thaw" them up.

Heating sims up: Swimming pool (they're heated to a comfy temperature), hot chocolate, hot tub (careful - spontaneous combustion can happen even during winter), shower (too many can make them too hot), ouerwear when outside (they get cold a little slower), tomato juice from the juicer, and going indoors. The exercise bike and exercise in general can also heat them up.

Only kids and above seem to be affected by temperature, so neglectant parents can leave out their littlest tykes buried in the snow or chasing butterflies in the sun all day as long as other needs don't drop too much. However, if every teen and above either get heatstrokes or freeze solid, kids and below can be taken by the social worker.

There's a temperature guide here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Temperature
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:28 PM
This thread was nine years old.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#19 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:38 PM
Yup, nine years old, but to answer the question of the person who resurrected it... Like simmer22 said, although toddlers have temperature meters, they aren't affected by it. In other words, they won't get heatstroke or freeze and I don't think they'll be taken away by the social worker if they're too hot or too cold. (I know that children can be, but I modded out the social worker so long ago that I can't remember if toddlers can be.) So, it's not really an issue for toddlers, and I actually can't think of anything "native" to the game that they can do (or that can be done to them) to warm them up or cool them down, except bathing them to warm them up. There are some custom things that might work to cool them down, though, if they were coded to be Seasons-compatible. Like there's a CC toddler splash pool out there. I think Echo made it and it's on MTS, I believe. There's also a toddler swim tube that can be used to have toddlers floating in regular pools. I think that was made by Rebecah and is either here on MTS or on Affinity Sims. Or maybe both.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:04 PM
I have a mod that gives you a choice of a hot or cold shower. http://modthesims.info/d/286932
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:11 PM
I believe too hot or too cold babies and toddlers will get taken away. I know I got a pop up warning in a challenge where they had no proper house and of course they had twins.

Being inside and a bath will warm them up, and inside is it for cool down.

For kids in the challenge they played lots of water balloon fights for cool down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:03 PM
Since the social worker doesn't come in my game, my toddlers will get sunburned.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
This thread was nine years old.

Didn't even notice that
I still wonder how people manage to resurrect topics from so long ago...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Rguerra : 20th Jun 2016 at 12:20 AM.
There are those CC air conditioners by Ray Nuss, which are functional and can be used to cool down Sims. I have used it in a custom desert neighborhood of mine, which had custom seasons (two summers and no winter) to avoid Sims fainting because of the heat.

https://rdnussimaginethat.blogspot....%20conditioning
Meet Me In My Next Life
#25 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 10:06 PM
Sometime even if a post thread is years older and come back to life by a member, it can still be helpful like today I found the "hot and cold" shower mod in post # 20 by member @ Charity. ( Thank You )
I never knew there was such a mod so thank you for bringing this post back to life. @ Simmer22

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 1 of 2