Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#201 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:22 AM
Just to check, the village mod you're using, is it Frappacino's village shop mod for P&N V2?
The stuff spawns at a certain time, so the general advice for it not working is to wait and see if perhaps the items just haven't spawned for the first time yet.
A few people have said it doesn't seem to work for them and they've waited an excessive number of sim days. I've always used it in conjunction with Shimrod's Market stall more items. They both use the same xml and so should probably conflict, but I've never had a problem with either mod.
A link to the site that contains Shimrod's mod. You need to register as a member there to download anything though. Well worth it, because Shimrod has a lot of excellent mods for TSM.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Juman
So i've been trying to get the village shoppe mod to work with no luck, which is very unfortunate for myself cause that is the only reason i started looking for mods to begin with!!
Success at last!! I finally got it to work after 3 days of trying. I want thank ChickieTeeta for all her help and patience with.
Test Subject
#203 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Just to check, the village mod you're using, is it Frappacino's village shop mod for P&N V2?
The stuff spawns at a certain time, so the general advice for it not working is to wait and see if perhaps the items just haven't spawned for the first time yet.
A few people have said it doesn't seem to work for them and they've waited an excessive number of sim days. I've always used it in conjunction with Shimrod's Market stall more items. They both use the same xml and so should probably conflict, but I've never had a problem with either mod.
A link to the site that contains Shimrod's mod. You need to register as a member there to download anything though. Well worth it, because Shimrod has a lot of excellent mods for TSM.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php
Yes, that's the one. You have to wait til 3am for stuff to appear there. Ironically, this is the one i tried first with no luck...or so thought!

I tried to go to simsasylum only to get an error message each time i tried to load the page. I tried the carrigans mod only to have it mess up my game. I didn't save after i loaded my game, so it wasn't a big deal, plus i have a back-up saves file.

Thank you so much for all your help and patience ChickieTeeta.
Test Subject
#204 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 7:55 PM
Hi, i have a general question/concern. I'm sorry if this in the wrong place, i can't anywhere else to post it. Does anybody know what causes your sim to not be able to look at or enter the throne room, this is not the same as when you cannot leave nor go to the throne room which i've had problems with and was able to fix. I usually have the shellstate set to hide and would normally right click to see inside any and all of the buildings. My sim is still able to go home, but once there, i (sim) cannot see anything. I've tried with other sims with no luck. I've tried right clicking on the other buildings as i normally would and that works fine with any sim. The methods i've used to try and fix this are as follows, (1) set shellstate to full, (2) reset, force reset (cheats enabled), (3) removed most recently installed mods, (4) re-installed, when i did the latter, i started a new game with mods installed and it worked, now, since i had to re-install the game, cheats were no longer enabled, which i forgot to do before starting the game, so i enabled cheats and re-loaded my game and was no longer able to see inside the throne room.

This is for anybody that does not have the same problem i'm having. TSM's latest patch reset's the commands.ini which i found out today, this is not the same patch needed for P&N, you have to open your launcher to get the update.
Scholar
#205 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 8:08 PM
That's why Treeag made the testing cheats enabled mod, so you don't have to modify your commands.ini, since patches reset it and may also not get installed properly if you've modified it.
Treeag has modified the ini and placed it in a package for everyone to use, and it sits in your mods folder with all your other mods, allowing everyone to keep the essential file untouched.
Test Subject
#206 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 9:40 PM
That's why Treeag made the testing cheats enabled mod, so you don't have to modify your commands.ini, since patches reset it and may also not get installed properly if you've modified it.
Treeag has modified the ini and placed it in a package for everyone to use, and it sits in your mods folder with all your other mods, allowing everyone to keep the essential file untouched.
Yes, i've seen that, but is this not only for TS3, or can this be used in TSM as well?

Juman
Scholar
#207 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 4:11 AM
Yes, i've seen that, but is this not only for TS3, or can this be used in TSM as well?

Treeag made one for TSM,you can find it in this thread...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701
Test Subject
#208 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 3:46 PM
Treeag made one for TSM,you can find it in this thread...
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701
Thank you, i've installed it.

BTW. I found the problem with my throne room. If you have the mod for 6 hero kids but you don't have any kids, you will NOT be able to see inside your castle. Better get baby making, lol.

Juman
Scholar
#209 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 3:59 PM
Thank you, i've installed it.

BTW. I found the problem with my throne room. If you have the mod for 6 hero kids but you don't have any kids, you will NOT be able to see inside your castle. Better get baby making, lol.

I had that mod when Shimrod first made it, and I ignored kids completely through most of the kingdoms till Grim made it possible to grow them up without retiring the parent, I haven't had that problem with the castle.
Test Subject
#210 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 12:56 PM Last edited by tk421 : 25th Dec 2012 at 1:39 PM.
Hi I know this thread is old but im having a issue with my resourse.cfg It states

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package

Apparently none of the meshes are working at all I made a mod folder for c:/Program filesx86/TheSimsMedieval...were i put the mod folder then Resourse.cfg in c:/Program filesx86/TheSimsMedieval like the thread says how to
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

any help would be nice
Scholar
#211 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tk421
Hi I know this thread is old but im having a issue with my resourse.cfg It states

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package

Apparently none of the meshes are working at all I made a mod folder for c:/Program filesx86/TheSimsMedieval...were i put the mod folder then Resourse.cfg in c:/Program filesx86/TheSimsMedieval like the thread says how to
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

any help would be nice

This is identical to mine.....is your file actually spelled Resourse? it's the only prob I can see straight off because it should be Resource.
Also just to check, because you haven't said....did you make a folder named Packages inside the folder you named Mods?
Test Subject
#212 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 10:33 PM
I feel REALLY stupid asking this, since there are so many answers. But, the d3dx9_31.dll thingie isn't working. I put it in ProgramFiles x86\Electronic Arts\ The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. But my mods don't seem to be working. Is it possibly the mod that isn't working? It is Grim's Medieval Core Mod.
Scholar
#213 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missionvao
I feel REALLY stupid asking this, since there are so many answers. But, the d3dx9_31.dll thingie isn't working. I put it in ProgramFiles x86\Electronic Arts\ The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin. But my mods don't seem to be working. Is it possibly the mod that isn't working? It is Grim's Medieval Core Mod.

Did you also install the resource.cfg file?
Did you download both files from this thread?
Is the game still loading properly or only getting to a certain point?
Do you see 'Grim's medieval core' written in the logo on the loading screen?
Test Subject
#214 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 7:24 PM
Did you also install the resource.cfg file?
Did you download both files from this thread?
Is the game still loading properly or only getting to a certain point?
Do you see 'Grim's medieval core' written in the logo on the loading screen?

I did install the resource.cfg file, and the other file. The game loads properly only when I take the mod out, other than that, it shows the logo, but there is no music, and the torn paper is blank, no pictures.
Scholar
#215 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Missionvao
I did install the resource.cfg file, and the other file. The game loads properly only when I take the mod out, other than that, it shows the logo, but there is no music, and the torn paper is blank, no pictures.

Try redownloading the dll, and make sure you have the right version of Grim's core for your game. If you already have the right version, try redownloading the core as well. Files can occasionally get corrupted during the download, so it's always worthwhile to check those things first if everything else is right.
Test Subject
#216 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:32 PM
Default Having some issues on Windows 7
My sister wanted to mod her sims medieval game on her Windows 7 laptop so I figured I'd help her set it all up, but neither of us can get the mods to work. Its been awhile since I did this, so I figured I must be missing a step. I created the folders in the proper place and downloaded the two files from this thread. However, on her computer the names of the files didn't show up as just Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll instead they show up as .rar files. I figured maybe I'd get the files I needed if I double clicked the .rar files or tried to extract files from them. However, double clicking did nothing and when I right clicked the file there was no option to extract. Just putting in the .rar files in as they are doesn't make the mods work. I was also wondering if as a last resort I could put my resource and .dll file on a flashdrive and put them on her computer. My computers a mac though, so I was afraid that would cause problems (also I'm not sure if thats against any rules). I know I'm probably just missing a really simple step though, since its been forever since I did. Hope you guys can help me out!
Test Subject
#217 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 4:18 AM
Your sister might not have a file archiver already installed on her computer. Try installing a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip, then see if you can extract the files.
Test Subject
#218 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 1:06 AM Last edited by saintgrimm : 22nd Jan 2013 at 12:06 AM.
On my game, every mod worked fine except a few of treeag's mods which I read needed the d3dx9_31.dll. I put it in the bin folder. After choosing my saved game it loads but the further the "loading bar" gets to the end, it goes slower and slower then stops with just a sliver left and will not fully load. When I remove the d3dx9_31.dll the game loads fine.

resource.cfg is in the correct place. The mod folder is built correctly and all other mods except ones requiring the d3dx9 file work fine. The d3dx9 file is put in C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin

EDIT: The game also works when leaving the dll file in the bin but removing treeag's mods.... I'll see if it's just all one of them, or all of them causing the problem. I have hte same problem with grim's medieval core.
Scholar
#219 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saintgrimm
On my game, every mod worked fine except a few of treeag's mods which I read needed the d3dx9_31.dll. I put it in the bin folder. After choosing my saved game it loads but the further the "loading bar" gets to the end, it goes slower and slower then stops with just a sliver left and will not fully load. When I remove the d3dx9_31.dll the game loads fine.

resource.cfg is in the correct place. The mod folder is built correctly and all other mods except ones requiring the d3dx9 file work fine. The d3dx9 file is put in C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin

EDIT: The game also works when leaving the dll file in the bin but removing treeag's mods.... I'll see if it's just all one of them, or all of them causing the problem. I have hte same problem with grim's medieval core.

If you haven't already fixed your problem, try redownloading the dll.
Test Subject
#220 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 1:20 AM
Default Can't modify Bin folder
So I'm fairly new around here, and haven't ever added a core mod to my game before. I'm trying to add d3dx9_31.dll to my game/bin/ folder, but my computer says that it can't be added because the folder cannot be modified. Help?
Scholar
#221 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by krybarczyk
So I'm fairly new around here, and haven't ever added a core mod to my game before. I'm trying to add d3dx9_31.dll to my game/bin/ folder, but my computer says that it can't be added because the folder cannot be modified. Help?

I think you might need to be running as an administrator.
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 4:48 AM Last edited by Smashed Cat : 19th Feb 2013 at 6:03 AM.
Help!

I got the Mods folder properly installed (with the needed files inside) in The Sims Medieval>Game>Bin folder, but now every time I click on the Game Launcher and click play, it says its already running. So I open my Task Manager and see that is isn't running at all. I tried removing the Mods folder to see, and it still says its already running, which it isn't. What's going on? I've tried restarting and reinstalling it, and its up to date.

This magic goblin armor smells a little musty.
Scholar
#223 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smashed Cat
Help!

I got the Mods folder properly installed (with the needed files inside) in The Sims Medieval>Game>Bin folder, but now every time I click on the Game Launcher and click play, it says its already running. So I open my Task Manager and see that is isn't running at all. I tried removing the Mods folder to see, and it still says its already running, which it isn't. What's going on? I've tried restarting and reinstalling it, and its up to date.

It's just the dll that goes in the bin folder. The mods folder sits inside the 'The Sims Medieval' folder, as does resource.cfg.

But...if I've read you right and you initially put everything in your bin folder, could you open the resource.cfg that's in the bin folder with notepad and tell me what the first line says?

If I've read you wrong and your folders and files were in the right places, try bypassing the launcher and see if that works.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 11:11 PM
Well it looks like, since I have Windows 8, it doesn't work with the latest patch, so I just didn't update it and it works now. But I really want my mods to work, so your reply was helpful! I've moved the mods folder to TSM folder and put the dll in the Bin folder. Hope this works! Thank you!

Lab Assistant
#225 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smashed Cat
Well it looks like, since I have Windows 8, it doesn't work with the latest patch, so I just didn't update it and it works now. But I really want my mods to work, so your reply was helpful! I've moved the mods folder to TSM folder and put the dll in the Bin folder. Hope this works! Thank you!

Alright, Treeag's TestingCheatsEnabled and Edit it CAS mod isn't working. So I tried to edit the commands.ini file but it says Access is denied no matter what I do, and I'm running as administrator. I tried editing the properties and the security for the file but still, access is denied.

Page 9 of 13