Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10626 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:41 PM
The Charletan is not a universal NPC so can't destroy your installation. He is, however, an unnamed regular NPC (with his files in your neighbourhoods folder) and like others of that ilk, causes issues if you try to make him playable. Like drivers, he's not really playable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10627 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
The reason I ban the last NPCs mentioned is because they may be elderly. If the community lot is fairly large, it will take the elderly forever to walk from the first portal to the next, and this causes visiting Sims to leave. It's especially been a bummer whenever it forces any of my Sim's lovers to go home. Unfortunately I banned my playable elders at bigger lots for the similar motive.

Couldn't you just ban all elders instead? It would be a lot less trouble than picking and choosing all those NPC categories and individual playables.
Mad Poster
#10628 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Think you have to make him selectable for that and the wiki warns against it. I guess I'll have to make a copy of him if I want him to be punished for his crimes. XD

I remember extracting his appearance and making 8 of them for my Asylum challenge. The playable one I stuck in those silly aviator goggles to tell him apart. When one of them died of starvation I replaced him with a sim of Jesus Christ.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#10629 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Couldn't you just ban all elders instead? It would be a lot less trouble than picking and choosing all those NPC categories and individual playables.

For some reason, even if I do have certain ages banned (currently teens and elders), the NPCs of those ages will still appear as passersby. The playables are covered though.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10630 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
a sim of Jesus Christ.

I'll admit: I'm curious what that sim would look like.
Instructor
#10631 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:26 AM
sometimes i'm wondering if there's some way how to end up a pregnancy when the belly won't show up after 1/2 days.
other than the hack called inteenimater ?

(how come i know this hack to make a miscarriage is because i downloaded that hack a few years ago and i wanted to try that out and wanted to know what what was , and so i clicked on end up a pregnancy or how that's called and the other one with making a sim a miscarriage , back by then i was really curious i don't remember what the few other options was so don't blame me if i don't remember everything from that hack )

i don't have that issue that quite often, just once in a while especially when there's too much people in the neighboorhood.
Mad Poster
#10632 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I'll admit: I'm curious what that sim would look like.

Some bonus pictures:

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10633 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:39 AM
Shouldn't Jesus be Popularity/Knowledge or Knowledge/Popularity?
Mad Poster
#10634 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:39 AM
I made him Romance because it was funny.

Oh yeah, two of the Charlatans actually ended up having a baby due to same-sex pregnancy hacks. (I'm surprised they managed to survive.) When my Sim won the challenge he adopted the poor kid because both the parents had died later on.

Mad Poster
#10635 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:48 AM
I guess I just find making Jesus a Romance sim about as fitting as making Sherlock Holmes a Romance sim. Probably even less so, because Sherlock has one canon love interest. But really, they're both ace, and I don't think an ace Romance sim would work very well?
Mad Poster
#10636 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:52 AM
Jesus did make out with a few of the Charlatans and got into a few slapfests from being caught cheating by the ones that had family aspirations. Maybe I should have turned off ACR for the lot, but it wouldn't have been nearly as crazy otherwise.

Field Researcher
#10637 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sailorleontine6
sometimes i'm wondering if there's some way how to end up a pregnancy when the belly won't show up after 1/2 days.
other than the hack called inteenimater ?

The best way I know to end a pregnancy is with the Sim Blender by TwoJeffs.
It's a plant you put on the lot and it has a ton of options - look at the pie menu for pregnancy if you want to end one. Then you can delete the plant afterwards.

The Sim Blender is so handy for so many things I often end up with most households just having one in their home all the time.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Mad Poster
#10638 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:32 AM
Doesn't the blender also have options to accelerate a pregnancy?
Top Secret Researcher
#10639 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Doesn't the blender also have options to accelerate a pregnancy?

Yes, you can Accelerate/Decellerate and you can Pause/Resume as well.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#10640 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:22 AM
Hello all!! It's been ages since I've popped in, missed this place...

Quick question: I have a custom male sim who was abducted by aliens, he naturally came home pregnant, which i am stoked about. When does the genetics get set in stone with the pregnancies? I saved prior to him
giving birth & have exited (without saving) the lot about 7x. His baby is always being born looking like a normal sim (adorable too of course). I do believe he has a custom skin tone (only thing i can think of to be causing this) & it shows thru with the baby. The baby also has "normal" eyes. Other than the family tree there is nothing showing that this child was a gift from the stars. i have one other alien sim in the hood & I was really hoping that the possibility of them producing more together could happen (I have a multi-alien pack installed)

thank you kindly for your time
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#10641 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:28 AM
Custom skins dominate, unless geneticized, so that would be why the child isn't showing alien skin probably custom eyes do too unless geneticized, but not totally sure there.
Mad Poster
#10642 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:45 AM
Interesting. It does make sense when you're using some really weird custom skins - makes the offspring look more alien.
Theorist
#10643 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:48 AM
I have a smoke alarm in the kitchen of this one house (well all the houses actually.. but anyways), and I put a fireplace in the frontroom. When the rug in front of it caught fire the alarm didn't go off. Do I need an alarm in the same room as each fireplace too?
Mad Poster
#10644 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have a smoke alarm in the kitchen of this one house (well all the houses actually.. but anyways), and I put a fireplace in the frontroom. When the rug in front of it caught fire the alarm didn't go off. Do I need an alarm in the same room as each fireplace too?

Yes. Smoke alarms only monitor the room they are in, so you need one in each room you want protected.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#10645 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Custom skins dominate, unless geneticized, so that would be why the child isn't showing alien skin probably custom eyes do too unless geneticized, but not totally sure there.

Thank you kindly...I'll keep the hope alive that maybe one day, one of her descendants will randomly have the alien genetics show up lol
Inventor
#10646 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

Each alarm only covers the area of the room it's in. It's been a long time since I tried this, which covers a whole lot. Maybe it still works.

Edit: Ninja'd by gummilutt, but I'll leave my post because of the link.
Mad Poster
#10647 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
Thank you kindly...I'll keep the hope alive that maybe one day, one of her descendants will randomly have the alien genetics show up lol

You could also try geneticizing the custom skin so it behaves like a "normal" skin.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10648 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:22 AM
No point to having a fire place with a rug plus a fire alarm since the rug has an extreamly high chance of catching fire. It will catch fire nearly anytime you light it. You need to move the rug back, use carpet instead, use a no fire mod or not ever light the fireplace. Well unless you want the rug to catch fire.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10649 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:25 AM
The sims smoke alarms are realistic in their coverage, but unrealistic in other respects because real life smoke alarms go off whenever the hell they want to. This is why I still don't have a smoke alarm in my room. I hate being jerked awake by a loud alarm only to find that there wasn't any fire - or even a puff of smoke.

Anyway, for Cyjon's Fewer Tourists mod, what is the new minimum for tourist townies? How many need to be created?
Mad Poster
#10650 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 9:05 AM
I once managed to set off a smoke alarm while boiling hot dogs. I'm not sure how it happened.

Page 426 of 1346