Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 5:02 PM Last edited by x0Chelss0x : 25th Aug 2018 at 4:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (Solved) Game stuck in low resolution but UI is able to be changed
Hi, I’ve looked everywhere for a solution for this but I can’t seem to find anything.

I’m currently running The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through Bootcamp running Windows 10 on a 2017 21 inch iMac. I came across the issue where the game resolution gets stuck on 800x600 and I managed to fix it so I was able to change it to a higher resolution but matter what resolution I change it to, the game will stay the same as it was at 800x600 but the UI changes as I change the resolution. The game remains really stretched across the screen, which looks really bad, but the UI looks exactly how it should.

I was wondering if this has anything to do with the 4K display or the graphics card. I’ve played the Ultimate Collection previously with no problems on a 2015 13 inch Macbook Pro through Bootcamp and Windows 10 so I don’t think that is the issue.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 10:53 PM
Have you done the Graphic Rules? New computers need Graphic Rules doing and 4 gb patch. You might want to check out the sticky threads above in Help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:44 AM
I've tried both of those things but it hasn't changed anything. This is what my game looks like

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 7:59 AM
So you have the options, but using them doesn't change how it looks?
I still think it's your graphic rules not working properly. I would check it, make sure you have done both the Config and the CSConfig folders.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 8:51 AM
I have the options and changing them only changes the UI, the game stays stretched as if it was still on 800x600.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:33 AM
Try using the 'Use Square Pixels' option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try using the 'Use Square Pixels' option.

This worked! Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 12:59 PM