Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 8:43 PM
I rarely use Grumpy, Couch Potato, and Insane.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simgamer18955
I rarely use Grumpy, Couch Potato, and Insane.

I make sims that represent friends and family members. People I know. I use those traits a lot.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 11:26 AM
I never use :
-kleptomaniac;
-no sense of humour;
-mean spirited;
-photographer's eye;
-savvy sculptor;
-slob;
-technophobe;
#29 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 31st Dec 2017 at 5:11 AM.
Unflirty, never nude, hates children, can't stand art, childish, inappropriate, insane, no sense of humor, supernatural skeptic, technophobe, hydrophobic

Seriously though what's the point of never nude
Mad Poster
#30 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby

They could have at least coupled it with Likes to do Laundry, since these sims must apparently have a never-ending supply of outfits. And maybe given us a counterpart, like Hates Clothes?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:07 PM
i never use hates outdoors - because even if you hate outdoors i'm pretty sure just going to and from the car is fine. i hate the techophobe only because no other sim in the house can watch tv without giving him a negative moodlet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby

I don't think there's necessarily a point; it was created specifically for Gobias Koffi as an Arrested Development reference.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gobias_Koffi
Instructor
#33 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
They could have at least coupled it with Likes to do Laundry, since these sims must apparently have a never-ending supply of outfits. And maybe given us a counterpart, like Hates Clothes?

I think I might actually have a (very well) hidden 'Hates Clothes' trait in my game given how much my sims like to wander off buck naked after showering
Alchemist
#34 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 5:49 PM
Hates art - who does? Honestly! There is an art for everyone

Couch potato - ofcourse working out and being active isn’t for everyone, but I refuse having my sims just sit home and watch TV unless they are old and deserve some peace

Brave - barely a trait

Hates the supernatural - so unnecessary unless you play a very specific story

Never nude - I just don’t get the concept of being alone at home and taking a bath in a swimsuit. Being naked is awesome, even if you don’t love your body
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 8:36 PM
Never nude is fun. I really wonder If there are people like that in our real world (in which I do have expectations that there are).
Mad Poster
#36 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 3:27 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Dec 2017 at 10:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
I think I might actually have a (very well) hidden 'Hates Clothes' trait in my game given how much my sims like to wander off buck naked after showering

That's a display/timing glitch. The sim isn't really naked in the sense that they don't see themselves that way nor does anyone else around them. They only look that way to us, the players, when it happens. As a contrast, look what happens when a sim goes streaking (Uni EP) around others, everyone who notices does see them that way leading them to gasp and clutch their pearls in horror. And scream, even. (how insulting!)

That the after shower glitch was never fixed suggests perhaps that there are or were some EA developers who have the Hates Clothes trait, hidden or otherwise, and maybe they chose to leave it in on purpose.
#37 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 5:10 AM

Now there's a trait I would use ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:32 AM
Hates Clothing: These streakers will always be turned on by sims that are nude and will never get uncomfortable walking into a preoccupied bathroom. They also tend to disagree and argue with Never Nude sims, and they will do get embarrassed when walking into and witnessing one (never nude sim) bathing. Hates clothing sims also have an easier time building a romantic relationship while skinny dipping with a partner.

And yeah, not to mention of course, the new clothing category exclusively unlock as an interaction to "Change into... Nude" .
Mad Poster
#39 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Hates Clothing: These streakers will always be turned on by sims that are nude and will never get uncomfortable walking into a preoccupied bathroom. They also tend to disagree and argue with Never Nude sims, and they will do get embarrassed when walking into and witnessing one (never nude sim) bathing. Hates clothing sims also have an easier time building a romantic relationship while skinny dipping with a partner.

I think you may have something there. May I add...

Sims who Hate Clothing may Rant About Fabric and stage Protests against Polyester
(sorry for the forced alliteration) at City Hall and in front of finer clothing stores everywhere.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:35 AM
They could also get mad (that animation that makes sim burst into anger with a shout) when a laundry machine is in their vicinity, since it has a relation with clothing. Better yet, dressers perhaps? I might be overthinking.

Though, honestly that would a dope trait If there we're the tools for modders to create it, like with TS4....

Or are there?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:03 AM
Custom TS3 traits? Ouch. Not counting the ones that are frozen and locked into AwesomeMod's custom core loader, there's a total of one that I know of that shouldn't be used on Patches above 1.57 and another one that does work on current patch levels. A while back Arsil designed a custom trait loader without the core mod requirement and provided a 73-step instruction guide on how to use it so players can design their own traits. Could be mistaken, but as far I know no one has ever been able to follow it fully. I would call it a currently stalled work in development.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:18 AM
That's unfortunate.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 6:23 PM
Custom TS3 traits? Ouch. Not counting the ones that are frozen and locked into AwesomeMod's custom core loader, there's a total of one that I know of that shouldn't be used on Patches above 1.57 and another one that does work on current patch levels. A while back Arsil designed a custom trait loader without the core mod requirement and provided a 73-step instruction guide on how to use it so players can design their own traits. Could be mistaken, but as far I know no one has ever been able to follow it fully. I would call it a currently stalled work in development.

I was looking at Arsil's Custom Trait Manager... very impressive. It is limited to the existing EA world of interactions tho', isn't it? It's like an ITUN mod but it uses the new trait. I think it's a filter to deny or allow interactions that are allowed by other EA traits and maybe allow different moodlets. I'm not sure what I'd do with it... maybe an evil genius trait that combines all the genius stuff with all the evil stuff except "scare". OR combine evil and grumpy. Maybe a trait where a sim never says no to woohoo.

Arsil's Japanese Culture Trait mod actually adds new interactions and animations. It's very impressive - C# dll file, animations, Jazz scripts, XML Tuning files, ITUN files, OBJK and OBJD files I've only heard of and an MGMP file that I have no idea... A great deal goes into making a such a mod.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#44 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:17 PM
Insane or inappropriate as well as Proper are three I always avoid mainly because they ruin my 5 hours in CAS I spent with them to look like that. I don't want you changing to outfits that suit YOUR mood/weird personality! Who is the god player here?

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Theorist
#45 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 7:48 PM
Heavy sleeper, light sleeper (useless filler in my opinion), insane, loser, I don't like making them losers or insane. Hates children seems to have potential if you want conflict with the cranky neighbor who wants to chase off your kids but I don't know if that works.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#46 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM.
I made a Little Orphan Annie sim once and had her living in a house with a Miss Hannigan sim, who of course had the hates children trait. In spite of that they ended up as best friends (with a little encouragement from me) and I felt rather guilty about having Annie go and live with Oliver Warbucks. I was trying to be faithful to the story you see, otherwise I'd have had Hannigan move in with them.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:04 AM
I believe the never nude trait is a reference to Tobias from Arrested Development. He didn't like being naked what so ever. I guess the devs put this trait in as sort of a joke.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Arsil's Japanese Culture Trait mod actually adds new interactions and animations. It's very impressive - C# dll file, animations, Jazz scripts, XML Tuning files, ITUN files, OBJK and OBJD files I've only heard of and an MGMP file that I have no idea... A great deal goes into making a such a mod.

That's the one custom trait I was referring to that does work on current patch levels, although I neglected to mention it by name.

The one fully released that does not was SimsMX's Hypochondriac trait. It used to work properly, but unfortunately he dropped out while the patches were still rolling out and it was left not updated.
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Vehicle Enthusiast. Hydrophobic. No Sense of Humor. Grumpy.
The last three I have had occur through randomized traits in my families and I hated them. Hydrophobic makes them complain about showering, No Sense of Humor is weird to me because it seems... weird to just not have one... and Grumpy just has this stupid, high chance of waking up with a bad moodlet.

Funilly enough, I’m scared of water (I still shower but, hate it) so I don’t mind the hydropobic trait) and I like no sense of humor. Mainly cause I never understand jokes.

So those are the traits I like.

I don’t care for the grumpy trait though. That and supernatural skeptic are the ones I don’t care for.

Hate when sims get it by randomized traits.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Never nude is fun. I really wonder If there are people like that in our real world (in which I do have expectations that there are).

Here,I am perfect specimen of "never nude" trait in real life. I go swimming with clothes,I go to shower with bathing suit.It is not normal,but who said that I am?
Page 2 of 4