Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2020 at 9:53 AM Last edited by sheath807 : 25th May 2020 at 7:59 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim gets stuck when trying to propose
Everytime I try to have my male sim propose, he just touches the shoulder of the other sim like he is going to and then he just freezes in that position (as well as the other sim). The game still progresses and I have to force error for them to get unstuck. I've tried the batbox and 4gb patch etcetc and I still can't find out the problem. Edit: attached object error log

Specs:
Windows 10
Nvidia GTX 1660
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
16gb ddr4 ram
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_E001_t171321.txt (145.3 KB, 25 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2020 at 1:49 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th May 2020 at 2:03 PM.
Most likely a CC-related issue. Do you have any mods/hacks that does anything to relationships, proposing, marriage, or that sort of things? If you do, then you may want to do a test round to see if one or more of those is causing problems - could be two (or more) mods that conflict with each other, or an outdated mod. The HDCU could help, for instance. The object error does mention "dirty joke" but I'm not sure what that's got to do with proposing.

https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl..._Custom_Content

You have to make sure you're using the latest version of all mods that's updated for and/or compatible with your latest EP (In your case I'd assume it's either AL or M&G since it's says so in your profile and you haven't said anything else). Older mods may cause jump bugs or errors. You also need to make sure the mods don't conflict. Mods like for instance Inteen is known to conflict with a lot of other mods, so if you have these kinds of larger mods it's a good idea to check first, and maybe be ready to pull out any new mods if you spot a problem.
Scholar
#3 Old 25th May 2020 at 4:07 PM
I don't know what Nathaniel is doing but it needs to be telling Melanie a dirty joke.
Melanie is currently listening to a dirty joke Initiated by Nathaniel
'Be Proposed To' is next in her queue, again Initiated by Nathaniel
She is currently trapped in 'Sync - Lightweight', which would be waiting for Nathaniel to catch up in the dirty joke interaction to synchronise the animations.

On the lot there is 3 Social - Propose (which is two more than should be) and 1 Social - Entertain - Dirty Joke
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Most likely a CC-related issue. Do you have any mods/hacks that does anything to relationships, proposing, marriage, or that sort of things? If you do, then you may want to do a test round to see if one or more of those is causing problems - could be two (or more) mods that conflict with each other, or an outdated mod. The HDCU could help, for instance. The object error does mention "dirty joke" but I'm not sure what that's got to do with proposing.

https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl..._Custom_Content

You have to make sure you're using the latest version of all mods that's updated for and/or compatible with your latest EP (In your case I'd assume it's either AL or M&G since it's says so in your profile and you haven't said anything else). Older mods may cause jump bugs or errors. You also need to make sure the mods don't conflict. Mods like for instance Inteen is known to conflict with a lot of other mods, so if you have these kinds of larger mods it's a good idea to check first, and maybe be ready to pull out any new mods if you spot a problem.

I don't have any actual mods besides the debugger and a shadow fix but I do have some cc. I already tried the HDCU and it found nothing (unsure if I did it right in all honesty). I thought the same thing so I typed things like "marriage" and "proposing" into the search bar for my Downloads but nothing showed up. I think the dirty joke was before or after the proposal attempt. (Also I have the Ultimate Collection, which I think has M&G as the last addition)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I don't know what Nathaniel is doing but it needs to be telling Melanie a dirty joke.
Melanie is currently listening to a dirty joke Initiated by Nathaniel
'Be Proposed To' is next in her queue, again Initiated by Nathaniel
She is currently trapped in 'Sync - Lightweight', which would be waiting for Nathaniel to catch up in the dirty joke interaction to synchronise the animations.

On the lot there is 3 Social - Propose (which is two more than should be) and 1 Social - Entertain - Dirty Joke

So what is causing this? What exactly does it mean?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th May 2020 at 11:38 PM
You could try making him tell her a dirty joke, because that is what is queued up next.

Stack Object name: Social - Entertain - Dirty Joke- in your error report.

I would force error on all after that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th May 2020 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You could try making him tell her a dirty joke, because that is what is queued up next.

Stack Object name: Social - Entertain - Dirty Joke- in your error report.

I would force error on all after that.

Tried this to no avail. I'd like to add that I took all of my cc out and slowly added it back in but couldn't reproduce it with a new couple I made. This problem also occurs in other social interactions, not just a dirty joke
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th May 2020 at 5:28 AM
So you removed your CC and he still could not propose?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th May 2020 at 8:23 AM
So you removed your CC and he still could not propose?

Yep, still stuck with his arm out. I even moved them to different lots and other sims can propose..just not them.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th May 2020 at 1:09 PM
Try deleting her with move objects on, save and exit to hood and reload the lot to reset her. She will be by the mailbox.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11 Old 26th May 2020 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sheath807
This problem also occurs in other social interactions, not just a dirty joke

You have ruled out problems with cc, you moved them to another lot so it's not a problem with the lot. That only leaves a problem with at least one of the sims, unable to complete an interaction although I have no idea what that could be. Perhaps have the sims interact with someone else to narrow it down to which sim has a problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th May 2020 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You have ruled out problems with cc, you moved them to another lot so it's not a problem with the lot. That only leaves a problem with at least one of the sims, unable to complete an interaction although I have no idea what that could be. Perhaps have the sims interact with someone else to narrow it down to which sim has a problem.

I have tried both ways to make one of them propose but both of them seem unable to. Not sure why.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2020 at 9:45 AM
Try deleting her with move objects on, save and exit to hood and reload the lot to reset her. She will be by the mailbox.

I will be testing this out.