Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#8051 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 5:57 AM
@ChickenMadam, they seem change the surroundings depending if it is dystopia or utopia http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=20031.0

@Ghost sdoj Thanks, I'll have a crack with that.
Advertisement
Scholar
#8052 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
So my motherboard to a dump so I had to reinstall Sims3. Now I got something funny going on that I am calling stupid human error.

First off let me start off and say before this forced reinstall I could move the camera even in build mode without ever touching my keyboard. Now I cannot because it won't move forward or sideways it just sits in one place laughing at me till I have to get up and use keyboard commands.

My biggest issue is though, my stupid question is, what did I do to make the camera move in OPPOSITE of the way I command? I say right it goes left, I say go forward it goes back. XD

On the two or three occasions when I've had to re-install the game I've found that Edge Scrolling doesn't work, even though the Options check box is ticked. I've had to uncheck it, go back into the the game, then back to Options and re-check it, after which it works. Also, under the General tab in Options, are two check boxes: 'Invert Horizontal Camera Rotation' and 'Invert Vertical Camera Rotation'. I've never had occasion to touch those, but you might try them if you haven't already.

Also, on the subject of Options, here's my stupid question: is there any way to permanently disable Usage Sharing? Whenever I uncheck that it's checked again the next time I go into Options.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#8053 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 10:07 AM Last edited by sweetdevil : 17th Jan 2019 at 4:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Also, on the subject of Options, here's my stupid question: is there any way to permanently disable Usage Sharing? Whenever I uncheck that it's checked again the next time I go into Options.

Not exactly what you asked, but you can block TSRW.exe TS3W.exe through the Windows firewall. I also blocked Sims3LauncherW.exe and the loading time on the Launcher has been significantly improved since it's not trying to connect to the internet to serve ads all the time. I found it useful for installing certain things like patterns or counters if I don't feel like going through the hassle of converting them to packages).

Guide on how to block an app through firewall for Windows 10

You could also try setting your Options.ini file (under My Documents) to read-only, making sure that the "enabletelemetry" option is set to 0 i.e. disabled. But that means you won't be able to change game settings. However, I haven't tested it out extensively, and don't know how it would handle local settings (for specific savegames).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#8054 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:10 PM
That's helpful, thanks. Especially so far as the Launcher goes, since that takes an age to start up.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#8055 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Not exactly what you asked, but you can block TSRW.exe through the Windows firewall.

Isn't that The Sims Resource Workshop executable -- perhaps you meant TS3W.exe here? (or what would be TS3.exe without the "W"if on Patch 1.69)
Field Researcher
#8056 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
@ChickenMadam, they seem change the surroundings depending if it is dystopia or utopia http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...p?topic=20031.0

@Ghost sdoj Thanks, I'll have a crack with that.

Thank you!

I may just open a fresh game, figure out what each one does, and write it down (and obviously post it here for everyone) - I looked it up on the link and it really doesn't say exactly what each one does - ditto for water effects spawner. So, I'm going to go find out and report back.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Mad Poster
#8057 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:44 AM
Is 2-3 the optimal setting for the 'High Detail Lots' options setting?

I sometimes find that areas with a large number of tightly packed lots, the game lags a bit more due as you switch between different lots (forcing the game to continuously load in lots)- so I'm wondering if having one or two lots pre-loaded might help in this case.
Alchemist
#8058 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Isn't that The Sims Resource Workshop executable -- perhaps you meant TS3W.exe here? (or what would be TS3.exe without the "W"if on Patch 1.69)

Yes, sorry, a typo slipped through Been having a long week.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
#8059 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:42 PM
Kay so a stupid queston probably but like; is there a way on here to save Modded and created stuff without making it public? Just so I dont loose the work Ive done?
Mad Poster
#8060 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Is 2-3 the optimal setting for the 'High Detail Lots' options setting?

I would say so, yes. I tend to keep it at 3.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#8061 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
On the two or three occasions when I've had to re-install the game I've found that Edge Scrolling doesn't work, even though the Options check box is ticked. I've had to uncheck it, go back into the the game, then back to Options and re-check it, after which it works. Also, under the General tab in Options, are two check boxes: 'Invert Horizontal Camera Rotation' and 'Invert Vertical Camera Rotation'. I've never had occasion to touch those, but you might try them if you haven't already.

IT'S FIXED! You had the answers congratulations.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#8062 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickenMadam
Thank you!

I may just open a fresh game, figure out what each one does, and write it down (and obviously post it here for everyone) - I looked it up on the link and it really doesn't say exactly what each one does - ditto for water effects spawner. So, I'm going to go find out and report back.

Allrighty. I loaded up Builder's Island, and ran thru each of the World Event Spawners, and Cause Effect Water spawners. Nothing. Time traveled to Oasis Landing (as apparently they are only going to work there as per the description in game) and what they seem to be are object/event spawners that only activate whether or not you choose Dystopian or Utopian futures. So, nothing really unless you are playing OL's bad/good options. I mean, I think most everyone knew that, but just in case people were curious, like I was.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Site Helper
#8063 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoyalexLuna
Kay so a stupid queston probably but like; is there a way on here to save Modded and created stuff without making it public? Just so I dont lose the work Ive done?

Yes.
If you simply want to store a backup copy:
Make sure you are offline. (Probably not strictly needed, but I've stopped trusting EA.)
For something you want to save as a sims3pack, "Share" it, and then go to your folder in Documents where it saved (Uploads) and move it to wherever you plan to store it.
If you want to save something in package format, save it to the bin and then find it in your Documents (in whichever folder it saved to; Library for lots, saved sims for sims) and copy it to your storage location. (Probably better, since the package doesn't need to use the Launcher. But you do need to be sure that you also store any CC that goes with it.) It will be the item with the most recent time stamp if you track it down right after saving it.

If you are trying to save something that you are still working on, or don't want to track something down in your Documents folder:
If it's an incomplete lot you're working on, going to Edit Town and dropping it into the bin will save it. You can then put it back the next time you want to work on it. (Or you can just build in a world where it's convenient to save the game with your unfinished lots scattered all over it.)
For sims, you can save them in CAS and then pull them out to use again. Or you can just use them as a template. (They don't need to be named before you save them. Nor do they need to have had their traits and/or Lifetime Wish set.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#8064 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 6:21 PM
Is there a list of the default game eye colors? Sometimes I can't tell from the swatch thumbnail.
Mad Poster
#8065 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 4:53 PM
Is there something about gates that if you move them in a certain way with moveobjects on, they can crash the game?
Forum Resident
#8066 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Is there a list of the default game eye colors? Sometimes I can't tell from the swatch thumbnail.

Don't when you save a new eye color there is the folder icon at the bottom whereas base game eye colors does not display any icons at all? Or so is the case in my game.

(Note: This is my own description for the default eye colors. From left to right, top to bottom Purple, Amber, Dark Green, Blue, Grey, Brown, Light Green, Hazel)
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Create_a_Sim

Creating new eye colors is a lot of fun.
Field Researcher
#8067 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 11:09 PM
Why the hell is this painting worth §1,088? My ghost sim isn't even very high a level (level 4) and she's not artistic. Also, look at it
Lab Assistant
#8068 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:10 PM
How do you make statues glow? I saw a house here with glowing statues as a decorative.

Also, if Nraas Dresser can't detect a blacklisted item, what can I do to fix it?
Field Researcher
#8069 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kylaaab
Why the hell is this painting worth §1,088?

There's something odd going on with how the game determines what paintings are worth when a ghost paints them (at least from what I can tell). I believe what's going on is that the game is giving the maximum possible appreciated value- like the painting was made at some infinite point in the past. It's a good way to make money (unless you are trying to have your ghost be a poor artist- in which case it's annoying)

It reminds me of how in the Sims 1 your Sim could drink a potion and turn you into Frankenstein's monster. When they ran out of things to break, if they were near an easel they would paint really hight value paintings.
Field Researcher
#8070 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
There's something odd going on with how the game determines what paintings are worth when a ghost paints them (at least from what I can tell). I believe what's going on is that the game is giving the maximum possible appreciated value- like the painting was made at some infinite point in the past.

Ah, that makes sense. I've been noticing a pattern with the values,

and perhaps even one with the content of the paintings..?
Forum Resident
#8071 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 3:17 PM
Haha, they do say an artist's work goes up in value after they die.
#8072 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 4:24 AM
Speaking of artists, is there any way I could have a child artist get their lifetime achievement AS a child rather than having them go up in age? I'm going to run a house based on Final Fantasy 6 and painting is Relm's whole thing, and it doesn't seem fair that she can reach level 10 as an artist, but not be able to get her award for it unless she becomes an adult.
Test Subject
#8073 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 2:50 PM
Hello everyone!
My problem is that my sims is too slow....I deleted many of my mods and my mods folder's size is only 18.8 mg and there is only essential mods like errortrap and overwatch there and I deleted many CCs....I even did a reset factory and made the game's graphics lower to improve the game performance but steel nothing changed....before that I never had this problem by the way I disabled memories and deleted inventory objects too but nothing changed
Can you help me please?
Site Helper
#8074 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 5:51 PM
Did you clear the caches? (If nothing has changed, no downloads or removals, you can also try leaving the caches alone for a session. The game slows down when it's rebuilding them. But they can get corrupt, especially when things have been removed or added and the changes are not reflected in the cache file. so clearing them and forcing the game to generate an accurate copy can help.)

By this date, system specs are probably not an issue, but it's probably worth checking...

Have you also made sure that everything that you have left really is a Sims 3 file and not for Sims 2 or Sims 4?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#8075 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 7:35 AM
So apparently there is a foggy weather type that came with seasons? I have been tweaking weather ini files and I noticed that the time shifter mod that allows changing the weather gives you an option for fog. It just doesn't seem to be doing much when I choose it. I always thought that fog came from the ini files but guess it is a combination of the inis and this weather?
Page 323 of 385