Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:54 PM
Default Problems downloading into Sims3 folder
I tried to search the forum and did not find anything addressing my problem.

When I try to extract downloads to the Sims3 folder, I get an error message that says I am denied access. I cannot add new folders or put anything into that entire folder. Is there a secret I do not know about. I have the .rar program and had no problems at all with it in Sims2.

Oh by the way, I read a number of comments about Sims3. I have been playing for a couple of days and I really am beginning to appreciate all the improvements. I miss the old newborn. It seemed to be more animated and made more cooing noises. I miss going to the fridge to get the bottles and baby food. I even miss the changing table. I am not real keen on how the parents spin the baby to change the diaper.

Thanks
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
It depends, are you using an admin account on your PC? Have you checked thr security settings on the folder?

As for the new borns. I kind of like them. Though I have not seen babies wrapped up like that since the 80's it is supposed to be in the past. I do not miss the trips to the fridge, but do also miss the changing tables.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:15 PM
It is my understanding the download manager and launcher has to put the downloads in your game, that you cannot just download them to the downloads folder like with Sims 2 - so that is probably why you are getting that message. Did you activate the EADM that is on your game disk by clicking it's exe, as you need that one and not the one on EA's site.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
You can install them manually, in fact you have to for most content (i.e. all .package files). Are you using Vista? If so, have you got your security settings set to Hyperactive Paranoid Mode?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM
i am having the same problem. does anyone know how to fix this? im new to vista and really dont know what im doing with the security settings