7 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15851 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
How can I permanently change the day and time of a residential lot? I have a family that's moving into a new home and need to get back on their rotation schedule. I have Insimenator, but it doesn't permanently change the day and time.

I use the Season and day setting jars. sets season and day. The time of day is simply the set hour cheat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15852 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 8:35 AM
A lot of mods will do that. I usually use Pescado's Lot Timer.
Scholar
#15853 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 1st Nov 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Is it possible to make a 3 by 3 stairwell including the walls? This old guide indicates it's possible albeit tricky. Haven't cracked how so far though.

Edit. Think I got it, though not tested with actual sims yet. Fingers crossed they don't stomp.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15854 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:04 AM
They shouldn't stomp. They stomp with fixed stairs because it's one mesh in use. With modular stairs, each step is an individual mesh piece. This is why numerous sims can use them at the same time, the sim above is walking on a different piece so the bottom steps are not in use. Good job on that, I am lousy on building split level stairs. Only did it once and hated it.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
A lot of mods will do that. I usually use Pescado's Lot Timer.

Yes true, pretty sure the sim manipulator can change day and season too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15855 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:20 PM
Have anyone used the lots from this website: https://ts2lotmakeoverdatabase.weebly.com/downtown.html ? I wanted to download the House of fallen Trees instead of rebuilding it myself. I really want to use the lot but the one in game is glinsh so I can't. I have no softwear to clean lots so I need a cleaned copy.
Theorist
#15856 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
A lot of mods will do that.

Sure.
I use simNopke's timeWeatherManager
Scholar
#15857 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 4:28 PM
I've read somewhere that if you have two YA's studying in the same home, sometimes the clock doesn't continue for one of the Students. So basically, you'll buy the Semester Tester (I have the buy-able version) and click "Start Class" for each of the YA's on the lot - apparently it only works for one of the Students. Do I need to buy a Semester Tester for all of the YA's on the lot to start their Classes?

I just need clarification, that's all :p
Mad Poster
#15858 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 6:00 PM
I have never heard of this, nor have I ever encountered it, and I play University a lot. The clock runs fine regardless of how many sims you have in the house. Don't fret about it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#15859 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I have never heard of this, nor have I ever encountered it, and I play University a lot. The clock runs fine regardless of how many sims you have in the house. Don't fret about it.

Oh, I meant with Squinge's Mega College Pack - forgot to mention that. I like having YA study at home as it makes rotational play a lot easier for me and I heard that having more than one YA living at home whilst studying causes the clock to not move forward for one (or more) students in that lot.
Mad Poster
#15860 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:22 PM
The Mega Pack does not interfere with lot time in the regular neighborhood.
What it does do is that you have to manually advance the semesters yourself because it is not automatic by itself. It's the exact opposite of the Uni time-where it does advance automatically. That's why the Lot Sync timer will not work, either in the Uni hood. You have to advance that while playing in that setting.

Or for short: (with the Mega College pack or without.)

Uni-Semesters advance, time does not.
Regular neighborhood: Time advances, Semesters do not.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15861 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:32 PM
She is referring to one of my posts @FranH. Ever since I moved one YA out of home and moved them in together, one of their uni clocks (countdown to exam) won't work. It's been a PITB.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15862 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
She is referring to one of my posts @FranH. Ever since I moved one YA out of home and moved them in together, one of their uni clocks (countdown to exam) won't work. It's been a PITB.

Yeah. I knew I read it somewhere but forgot where and by who, funny enough it was on my thread, LOL.
My memory is awful. Sorry, joandsarah77! :lovestruc

I know I have to manually start the Semesters for my YA living at home but what do I do with siblings that are in the same home doing Uni? I'm confused whether I have to start the Semester for both individually by buying one Semester Tester each or by using just using one Semester Tester for them both.
Mad Poster
#15863 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:44 PM Last edited by grammapat : 3rd Nov 2018 at 5:23 PM. Reason: dumb
And back to "finding" missing graves; I tried urn spawner(thanks RoxEllen (thanks); learned (duh) that you can't use it on a community lot (because it resets). Odd thing is, it DID work for 3 graves! Then when I used the spawner in a residence, the grave was not plat, and didn't show the aspiration (which it HAD been). SO THIS: when a grave "disappears" has it been deleted, and create bad stuff? (although I have no-link-on-delete). Or is the spawner just finding, or teleporting, it?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#15864 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 11:56 PM
about day & time with insimenator; from my experience, it is workable.
time seems to be consistent with the set time. to toggle between day & night, select 7:00 in insimenator's menu then enter either Build or Buy and afterward select the hour you want.
day; use insimenator to set time to midnight. repeatedly until the day is the one you want.
Inventor
#15865 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:30 AM
The Sim Manipulator can take care of adjusting Day, Hour, and Season. Spawn the Weather Manipulator to adjust the Season. Spawn the Age and Time Manipulator to adjust Day and Hour.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I know I have to manually start the Semesters for my YA living at home but what do I do with siblings that are in the same home doing Uni? I'm confused whether I have to start the Semester for both individually by buying one Semester Tester each or by using just using one Semester Tester for them both.

Yes, you may need to. I have to buy a Semester Tester for each mainhood Uni student for their semester timers to progress properly.
Instructor
#15866 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 12:54 AM
Thank you to those who answered my lot day&time question. I didn't know that there were so many options to change the time.

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I've read somewhere that if you have two YA's studying in the same home, sometimes the clock doesn't continue for one of the Students. So basically, you'll buy the Semester Tester (I have the buy-able version) and click "Start Class" for each of the YA's on the lot - apparently it only works for one of the Students. Do I need to buy a Semester Tester for all of the YA's on the lot to start their Classes?

I just need clarification, that's all :p

I believe that you do need a Semester Tester for each sim. Each Tester registers itself to only one sim, so if you want every student time to be counted down, you'll a tester for each of them.

Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Have anyone used the lots from this website: https://ts2lotmakeoverdatabase.weebly.com/downtown.html ? I wanted to download the House of fallen Trees instead of rebuilding it myself. I really want to use the lot but the one in game is glinsh so I can't. I have no softwear to clean lots so I need a cleaned copy.

There is a clean version of the House of Fall Trees here, https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/121391970431/downtown. You can install the lot from the site you posted as well. In either case, use the Clean Installer to install the lots.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#15867 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The Sim Manipulator can take care of adjusting Day, Hour, and Season. Spawn the Weather Manipulator to adjust the Season. Spawn the Age and Time Manipulator to adjust Day and Hour.

The options are also all there on the regular sim manipulator object (under "Alter Time" and "Alter Weather") - no need to spawn anything.
Scholar
#15868 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 1:05 AM
Okay, thank you both so much. I will put the Semester Testers' in the students' rooms but I need to remember to put them in the right room. :D
Mad Poster
#15869 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:52 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 2nd Nov 2018 at 7:24 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And back to "finding" missing graves; I tried urn spawner (thanks RoxEllen) but something is still wrong. I had a sim go to the graveyard (since you need a Sim to click on the spawner) and got 3 of them. And when went to graveyard in build mode they were still there. But when sent another Sim to that lot, having him spawn some more graves; but when went back in build mode, or when took another Sim (or the SAME Sim) there, the graves were gone --the lot reset. So I'm thinking maybe I should have had a sim generate the grave at his home, then take them to the graveyard. I send or take grave stones to a community graveyard all the time - and they are they when enter in build mode or send another sim there. So I'm thinking something else is going on.???

Does this mean that you tried respawning the graves at the community lot cemetery? I don't think that will work. That's my fault. I should have been more clear in my post. I assumed everybody knew to respawn graves only on a residential lot. Lesson learned - NEVER assume!

If you're going to respawn graves, do it on a standard residential lot. Dorms and Uni residential lots should also work - I've done it on those lot types a couple of times. Once you've got the graves respawned, save the lot you're currently on. ONLY THEN do you put the graves into a playable sim's inventory and carry the graves to the cemetery. Again - sorry for the confusion. I hope you can get it to work this time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15870 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:55 AM
Quote:
I believe that you do need a Semester Tester for each sim. Each Tester registers itself to only one sim, so if you want every student time to be counted down, you'll a tester for each of them.

You know what, I never thought of that- a tester for each sim. *slaps forehead* I will try that when I get back to their house.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#15871 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
The options are also all there on the regular sim manipulator object (under "Alter Time" and "Alter Weather") - no need to spawn anything.

That works if one wants to keep the sim manipulator on lot and doesn't mind going through all the menus. I don't personally care for either, so spawning the relevant object and removing it after works better for my own playstyle.
Mad Poster
#15872 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:25 AM
I've already got the batbox and sim blender on every lot - what's one more thing?
Scholar
#15873 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
There is a clean version of the House of Fall Trees here, https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/121391970431/downtown. You can install the lot from the site you posted as well. In either case, use the Clean Installer to install the lots.

Thank you!
Inventor
#15874 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 11:50 PM
Is there an easier way to get rid of Maxis stand-ins when I don't install the CC inside of a sims2pack package? I just downloaded a school I plan to use and all of the CC that came with it I didn't install, so a lot of Maxis paintings, statues, and other deco items were put in place, so now I have to delete them one by one

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15875 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:37 AM
That is what happens, when you remove the CC it reverts to what the CC was made from.

~Call me Jo~
Page 635 of 1339