Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pets and toddlers on Vacation

by Lamare Posted 10th Feb 2018 at 12:10 PM - Updated 1st Jan 2021 at 8:53 PM by Lamare : Optional downloads

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM
Behold! The eighth wonder! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:41 PM
Hi Lamare, I don't know why the allow puppies, kittens and toddlers riders doesn't work anymore.
Please answer me.
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by michela1390
Hi Lamare, I don't know why the allow puppies, kittens and toddlers riders doesn't work anymore.
Please answer me.

Hm. It works in my game.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 1:23 PM
yes, you have reason it works for me, it was a conflict with other mods. thanks
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 11:04 AM
Not to be able to take my animals on holidays really began to annoy me, I am really satisfied that you has to create this mod, thank you very much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 5:34 AM
Thanks!I would've loved this years ago.
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:36 PM Last edited by MyWickedSims : 2nd Apr 2018 at 11:46 PM.
Hi Lamare!

This is indeed one of the best additions to that game, thank you very much!
I had a interesting glich, certainly because there is lots of troubleshooting with the game.

One of my families took the oppurtunity to bring their 3 toddler boys to their 3 Lakes cottage, but only the youngest boy was playable like parents, older kids and all pets. His twin and his "soon-to-grow-up" brother where in the game and all playable sims could interact with them as usual, but their pictures in the side-bar were missing. I kept on playing to see if it was possible, without leaving the lot of course. At home, everything was back to normal.

Later, I took another family with one toddler to 3 Lakes to check out the now "toddler-friendly hotels", but they only could leave the lot for a new residency or returning back home.
just a girl
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MyWickedSims
Hi Lamare!

This is indeed one of the best additions to that game, thank you very much!
I had a interesting glich, certainly because there is lots of troubleshooting with the game.

One of my families took the oppurtunity to bring their 3 toddler boys to their 3 Lakes cottage, but only the youngest boy was playable like parents, older kids and all pets. His twin and his "soon-to-grow-up" brother where in the game and all playable sims could interact with them as usual, but their pictures in the side-bar were missing. I kept on playing to see if it was possible, without leaving the lot of course. At home, everything was back to normal.

Later, I took another family with one toddler to 3 Lakes to check out the now "toddler-friendly hotels", but they only could leave the lot for a new residency or returning back home.

Hi.
First case with 3 toddlers. How many sims in total were travelling? Was the household larger than 8?
Second case. Isn't it normal that when you travel to your vacation home you can't check in in hotels? I'm not sure, but it's my first thought.
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 10:04 PM Last edited by MyWickedSims : 18th Apr 2018 at 3:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Hi

First case with 3 toddlers. How many sims in total were travelling? Was the household larger than 8?
Second case. Isn't it normal that when you travel to your vacation home you can't check in in hotels? I'm not sure, but it's my first thought.

Hi !
Thank you for your answer, after I found my mistake, everything works great!

1) Just 7 sims + 2 pets! I tried again and it worked perfectly fine with 2 Toddlers (the eldest boy grew up meanwhile).

2) My sims could not leave any lot because the "Allow puppy kitten toddler riders" mod was simply put into the downloads folder without DH's Addon file: I tried the same as CRiz in Comment #88 and changed the values in the BCON of the Config file by DH. It doesn't seem to matter how but that it was edited in SimPe. In my case, Toddlers that can walk are able to go to community lots with Teens / Adults.

Now great vacations for the whole sim family!! )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#35 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:17 AM
Congratulations on your feature.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
Works perfectly with UC. Thanks !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:39 AM
Do you know how much I appreciate your download? - like a million !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 6:26 PM
Thanks, a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:29 AM
OMG YES! thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:21 AM
nice. l like it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 11:54 PM
Kind of a spinoff idea: wolf visits on vacation lots possibly do-able? I am dling this so my weres can take their four legged family with, but Three Lakes seems oddly empty with no wolves.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:46 PM
Holy Shlims! I can't believe this!! TY so so so much! You're a genius! (long live Sims 2!)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 4th May 2020 at 4:15 PM
Hi Lamare I would ask if you can create a mod that allow toddlers to swim in the ocean, let me know thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 4:23 PM
i found it so frustrating when i couldn’t take the rest of my family on a vacation and now i can! this is amazing <3 :lovestruc
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#45 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:09 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for creating this wonderful mod! Playing in vacation subhoods is much more fun, thanks to your mod!
Btw, I made a pet & toddler friendly vacation subhood some time back, because I love this mod so much! :lovestruc
just a girl
Original Poster
#46 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 8:56 PM
Hi @Jawusa
This is so cool! Added it to the list. Thank you for dropping the link.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 8:06 PM
Thank you !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 3:32 PM
i take my dog with me on vacation. i cant feed him when i was there because i cant get to my inventory. then when i was on the way back home. i am not sure if he got back in the car or not. because when i got home his picture was there but he wasnt
just a girl
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Lamare : 14th Sep 2021 at 7:45 PM.
Hey @zanda1624
As they are, vacation homes and hotels are not pet friendly - they lack feeding and sleeping amenities for pets, as well as for toddlers. I suggest you get them ready beforehand by editing the lots in build mode (see my tips on building pet & toddler friendly hotels in the main post of this thread). Also, you could use a mod that's called build/buy enabler that allows you access to inventory anywhere.

About the missing dog, first of all, don't worry, you'll get him back!
1. Wait a bit longer, he may come back in a couple of hours on foot, so to speak.
2. If he doesn't come, go to neighbourhood screen and back - he might show up when you load the lot.
3. If he doesn't show up even then, something went wrong, but the good news is - if the picture is there, the dog is still a part of the family, he's probably just stuck off-world being invisible and needs a way to reappear. One way that comes to mind is moving - have a family member find own place, include the dog in the movers list, move them out and then back in. Or move the whole family out and back in, though, it's kind of a last resort, since you'll have to pack the furniture and it's annoying. Let's hope it won't come to that. By the way, if you only have one adult in the family, you could temporarily move in a spare sim from neighbourhood view or through the Sim Blender and then move them out with the dog.
4. Another thing to try is to clear off-world sims with Lot Debugger and then try to summon the dog with Sim Blender (the options might not be available for family members, but doesn't hurt to check - if it works, would be easier then moving).

I think, everyone should be able to get to their destination, even if they didn't make it to the car. If #1 and #2 didn't work, please let me know. Did anything out of the ordinary happen before the departure?
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Sep 2021 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Hey @zanda1624
As they are, vacation homes and hotels are not pet friendly - they lack feeding and sleeping amenities for pets, as well as for toddlers. I suggest you get them ready beforehand by editing the lots in build mode (see my tips on building pet & toddler friendly hotels in the main post of this thread). Also, you could use a mod that's called build/buy enabler that allows you access to inventory anywhere.

About the missing dog, first of all, don't worry, you'll get him back!
1. Wait a bit longer, he may come back in a couple of hours on foot, so to speak.
2. If he doesn't come, go to neighbourhood screen and back - he might show up when you load the lot.
3. If he doesn't show up even then, something went wrong, but the good news is - if the picture is there, the dog is still a part of the family, he's probably just stuck off-world being invisible and needs a way to reappear. One way that comes to mind is moving - have a family member find own place, include the dog in the movers list, move them out and then back in. Or move the whole family out and back in, though, it's kind of a last resort, since you'll have to pack the furniture and it's annoying. Let's hope it won't come to that. By the way, if you only have one adult in the family, you could temporarily move in a spare sim from neighbourhood view or through the Sim Blender and then move them out with the dog.
4. Another thing to try is to clear off-world sims with Lot Debugger and then try to summon the dog with Sim Blender (the options might not be available for family members, but doesn't hurt to check - if it works, would be easier then moving).

I think, everyone should be able to get to their destination, even if they didn't make it to the car. If #1 and #2 didn't work, please let me know. Did anything out of the ordinary happen before the departure?

ok thanks i will try it
Page 2 of 3