Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:17 PM
Parenting and Single Parenting In The Sims 3
Ok guys I was thinking, in the sims 2 we know that we can lecture kids and teens, but what do you think will go on in the sims 3, Also I think being a single parent will most definately be more realistic, because the parent that is not being involved in the child's life is moving on in the world like in actual life, how do you guys feel about this? I think this part is going to be GREAT to experiment with and it will amazing to use in storytelling...Give me you guys input on this!
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 10:45 PM
i agree with you. there are so many families i know of where their father is not part of their world. this would deffinately be something i would love to see
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 10:49 PM
i think whoever is'nt looking after the kid should have to pay money (is it called child support?), well whatever it should be in the game without having to use a hack.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
i agree with you. there are so many families i know of where their father is not part of their world. this would deffinately be something i would love to see

Right that is what I am saying, for example Polly Mae got pregnant with Johnny Sue's son, and in your game you want him to be a dead beat dad, so Johnny sue never stops by and just continues on with his life while his son is growing and being raised by his mother and he might just turn out bad because of it, and it amazes me that you can actually make that happen in the upcoming game. This aspect of the game is so flattering to me, and I think that sims that are married will have better impact on their children in the sims 3. For example Rachel and Bob have a daughter, and all through out her child days they filled her head with knowledge, made sure she did her homework, helped her study, etc. I think when the daughter ages into a teen she will be better off than the son up above that was raised by his single mother. Do you guys get what I am saying? I think this will be the first thing I try out when I get the sims 3.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 6:21 PM
i highly doubt they will put drugs into the game - lol.
and if the parents spilt up the parent woh is'nt living with the kid should take the kid for weekends of a couple of hours after school - where he/she does h/w eats , and has fun and social time with their other parent.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#6 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 1:17 AM
I hate how in the Sims 2, when you break up with a sim, The sim who got dumped automatically leaves. I mean- What If I wanted to do something with that sim? (like burn him!! :P)
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JanePstar
I want to see a lot of things in the new upcomming game. But do you honestly think that EA will listen to us? They're too busy sticking their heads in the computers to finish the game. But Maybe it could happen! :p
Drugs, I doubt they'd put that in. I mean, It's rated T for Teen. AKA- 13 year olds & up. And I hate how in the Sims 2, when you break up with a sim, The sim who got dumped automatically leaves. I mean- What If I wanted to do something with that sim??

Umm we kind of already know that EA isn't going to put drugs into the game, but we are talking about Parenting in the sims 2, and what we were talking about above we are going to be able to do in the sims 3, because EA has opened up so many door, but I do also agree with you on the part when a sim breaks up with another sim, the other automatically leaves, that does kind of suck, but most of the time when you end a relationship with someone you don't continue to live with them!!!
#8 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
Umm we kind of already know that EA isn't going to put drugs into the game, but we are talking about Parenting in the sims 2, and what we were talking about above we are going to be able to do in the sims 3, because EA has opened up so many door, but I do also agree with you on the part when a sim breaks up with another sim, the other automatically leaves, that does kind of suck, but most of the time when you end a relationship with someone you don't continue to live with them!!!

Hm. Point there. >.<
I wish that the guy/girl who got dumped would stay. I might want him to get a new wife, and then leave the house. Cause it waste my time when I have to exit that house, Move him into a new house, and then get a new wife/gf. :p
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JanePstar
Hm. Point there. >.<
I wish that the guy/girl who got dumped would stay. I might want him to get a new wife, and then leave the house. Cause it waste my time when I have to exit that house, Move him into a new house, and then get a new wife/gf. :p

OHH YES I hate that also, I also would like to remarry that sim that got dumped, but most times I can't because it would just take too much time to try and move him/her into another house, meet a new sim, etc.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 4:08 PM
I wish we could have joint custody between parents.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I wish we could have joint custody between parents.

Yeah that would be more realistic and cool too!!! Also I wish they could go to court and the judge evaluates the parents and gives the most fit parent the child!!