Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
Default Workplaces?
Yeah, I deleted my all of the workplaces and shops (I basically cleared the neigboorhood), but it seems I cannot build new ones? Are there any lots I could import to fix this, or can I actually build them somehow or are my Sims forced to live a Jobless, Shopless life?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:03 PM
You could probably get them through the exchange, I think they have business lots over there. As for work places. I think you should reinstall your game.

I really think a reinstall is your best option. Not sure which folders you need to keep for this game to save the games you had, hopefully someone else will know
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:07 PM
Reinstalling and restoring your saved games would just give you back the same shopless/workplaceless game you had before. And it's not necessary to reinstall your game to restore it to defaults.

You can rebuild them, I think, if you enter a lot in build mode and it's a community lot rather than residential. Not sure what part of the catalog the buildings show up under, but if you use the eyedropper tool on them (you can create a new neighborhood temporarily to test this in), it should show you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Reinstalling and restoring your saved games would just give you back the same shopless/workplaceless game you had before. And it's not necessary to reinstall your game to restore it to defaults.

You can rebuild them, I think, if you enter a lot in build mode and it's a community lot rather than residential. Not sure what part of the catalog the buildings show up under, but if you use the eyedropper tool on them (you can create a new neighborhood temporarily to test this in), it should show you.
Eyedropper declares them unclonable... Ergh, it's obvious making those buyale should be an early hack...
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
I know where I saw them: Build mode. Over on the right side of the puck, there's a little building with awnings. Click on that. I believe it has the buildings you are looking for.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:35 PM
Thank You!!!