Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:02 PM Last edited by LouNGeR : 4th Mar 2005 at 9:08 PM.
Default Neighborhood is Empty
Actually I'm helping my uncle, but I'll just act like it's my problem, OK? good

Installed Sims 2 the usuall way, everything went fine.
Starting game, "EA Games" screen 'hangs' a while and then the loading goes on.
After that 1st mysterious thing, I'm just selecting a 'hood, and it will load up.
Once in the 'hood, it looks like everything is hidden, but it's not, it's completely GONE, everything except the sky! (houses, terain, roads, water)
When I want to move a family into a lot, it even says that I must first build a lot.
I have this on all neighborhoods.
I can still move my mouse, and click all the menu-things, but almost everything will crash the game. (cause it's allready half-crashed or something)
When doin' alt-tab, I'm getting the message that you see on the picture.
In English, it says: "The program has crashed and will now exit" (very common error)

Some things you should know:
-The Discs I'm using are working for sure
-Tried everything explained here
-My PC can handle this game ( 512mb / Radeon9200-128 / P4 2Ghz+ )
-I did a clean install and no hacks have been added or any settings have changed from factory default.
-I've searched this forum for 2 hours, found nothing
-searched google, nothing
-searched EA, nothing

So, any1?

Thanks in advance
Screenshots
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 3:08 PM
*bumpy*
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 6:14 PM
I would try uninstalling and then reinstalling. My game doesn't "hang" at all at the loading screen.
Did you run virus scan, disk clean and defrag before you installed? Also check for any updates to your video driver. Might want to shut down virus scan and any other programs you have running while you install.
I just had to reinstall last night because of something I messed up. Did not have a problem with it...Good Luck!