Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Phones in Dorm Ringing 24/7
I have sims living in a dorm and the phone never starts ring.

Many people whom my sims have never, ever met keep calling.

They will start conversation like, "hey stranger" ... so on.

This is driving me nuts because my sims can't use the phone.

The ONLY way to use the phone is first to answer the phone, immediately hang up the phone, and w/i 1 to 2 sec make the phone call.

Or otherwise, the phone will start ring again.

Another thing is , in the original game, the phone will stop after midnight, but in university it will never stop ring even after midnight.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 9:01 AM
If you think about it, it's typical of any college dorm. Phones never stop ringing. But to the point at hand, I don't have that problem.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:51 PM
In certain dorms my phone may ring all day and night long. Since my sims have their own cellphones I just delete the phones... no need for them. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 6:59 PM
I've been using J. M's older PhoneHack without the Taxi mod in UNI with success so far. I've got the ringer set to ring 5 times max. I could have just turned it off, too.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jill
In certain dorms my phone may ring all day and night long. Since my sims have their own cellphones I just delete the phones... no need for them. :D

Same here. 2 days ago I had a "Light Bulb" moment, I realized my sims had cell phones, so why did I still have a wall phone?

Anyways you will still hear the phone ring with the cell phones, you just wont have to deal with one sim answering the phone when the call is actualy for another sim, and multiple calls can be made at the same time.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 4:01 AM
My phone won't stop ringing either and it driving me CRAZY!!!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 11:28 AM
Just too realistic. Reminds me of my dorm. Or worse, the student boarding house where I had the room next to the phone.