Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by motheringthesims
Thanks to all of you! I did all the above suggestions with the game doing very well! Went in and out of lots. Did a partial build. Decided the last test should be going to a community lot. This is what happened I sad to say it looks like a lot cause! Thanks again!

I think you may actually have made some progress. That sort of pink flashing is usually caused by the game running out of texture memory and usually isn't too difficult to fix. Delete your Thumbnails folder as Jo said and if that doesn't seem to help, try some of the recommendations in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkmxAg7r3Y
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#27 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:43 PM
Like Jo said, try deleting thumbnails. (the thumbnails folder in documents. I would delete them one at a time however inside the folder to not throw the game into a huge AGH! mode)

Also do you have things like skyboxes etc, they eat up a lot of memory as well!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM
Ok so you guys don't think its a lost cause yet! Ok I'll trust your judgement. I always delete all the cache files and neighborhood manager before starting the game. Is that a good idea or could be part of the problem? I increased the texture memory like the video suggested. I have to go back to work so I'll try playing later!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:21 AM
Don't be deleting the neighbourhood manager all the time, that is only occasionally for specific reasons. Cache files yes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#30 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 2:12 AM Last edited by iCad : 12th Mar 2018 at 2:24 AM.
The pink flashing means that the game has run out of texture memory. It doesn't mean that there's anything necessarily wrong with the neighborhood, only that, most likely, you're using a lot of high-res CC. A good explanation of what causes it and what you can do to fix it is found in this video here .

EDIT: Hah, never mind me. I didn't read all the replies before I posted, and I see that someone else has already linked you to this video. I suspect you probably just need to force your game to use all of your shiny new video card's texture memory instead of the ridiculously low amount it's set to use otherwise. That fixes the problem for most people. That and reducing the number of hugely-high-poly hairs you use.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:39 AM Last edited by Mortia : 12th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM.
Forgive me for butting in out of nowhere, but those last couple of screenshots look very familiar to me as the Windows 10 update 1079 "pink soup". It might be worth it to check the Leefish forums and see if they have made any headway on that problem (sorry I can't link on mobile). It might not be that and it might just be that you need to tweak the graphics rules but it's something to think about and they have quite a few discussions about it going on there as well.

Edited to add the link to the Leefish page: Sims 2 Graphic Cards-Leefish

This was what my game looked like after the Windows update to 1079:

My game is fine now, but only because I decided to just go back to Windows 8 and not deal with 10 breaking my game anymore Another thing to try might be rolling back to the update before 1079 and disabling automatic updating in Windows. There is a lot of information and discussion about this at the link I posted above. Hope you can find a solution!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 8:17 AM
Update! The problem has been corrected! I can't thank you all enough for all of your suggestions and fixes! I am downsizing the download folder! I haven't had a crash and the pink flashing is no more! Crossing my finger! I still have some testing to do but I was able to build and go to a community lot! Again Thanks to all of you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mortia
My game is fine now, but only because I decided to just go back to Windows 8 and not deal with 10 breaking my game anymore Another thing to try might be rolling back to the update before 1079 and disabling automatic updating in Windows.

Unfortunately that won't work with Win10 since it is set to update automatically and you can't change the settings. I went back to Win7 for this very reason.

You can, actually, prevent it updating with a workaround but it's also worth noting that there are some recent security updates that really should be installed.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 2 of 2