Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Saves from old game?
i had a saved game from my old computer. now that i have a new computer, i have everything from my old computer on a USB.

I'm wondering if i copy my old game into my saves folder, will it show up when i go to the main menu? or if it doesn't...

is there a way to put my old game from another computer into my new one? or do i have to do the whole thing over again?

please let me know if this is confusing lol
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 5:59 AM
Just copy your save folder from your old game into the "Saves" folder in my documents\Electronic Arts\The SIMs 3 folder and you're all set to go.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Just copy your save folder from your old game into the "Saves" folder in my documents\Electronic Arts\The SIMs 3 folder and you're all set to go.

will it work even if I only have the back up folder of the saved game? I tried this but I still don't see it showing up.
Site Helper
#4 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
If you mean the back up folder that the game generates by adding .backup to the name of the game you loaded when you click "save" then yes, but you need to rename the folder to have the name of the saved game without the .backup extension. This converts it to a playable game.

And if it was "bad" it means that the save is corrupted and isn't going to work.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 11:35 PM
ok thanks for both of your help