Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:14 PM
Default Wikispaces IS CLOSING D: In July 2018 - :(
Hello.

I am writing this to bring awareness to a very important development.

I recently lost ALL my sims cc- and have had to re-download. (Thats not the important development.. )

I went to the Wikispaces website to download NRAAS (amazing mods with which I could not play my game without) and got a notification that the site (Wikispaces) will be closing July 2018. <<<<THIS IS D:

I am writing this in the hopes that someone (who has the ability - more than I do) Will download and save these mods for the future.

I had them- and well they weren't properly backed up- so I am not the best person to do this.. but I know there is someone out there in the community who can. I decided to write this, because IF i had not lost my content and went back to re-download, I would never know this was the case, until I went to re-download the content and it was gone. This made me realize that many of the members of our community may be unaware to this fact as well. D:

These mods are invaluable to me and so many other members of the community. I felt compelled to post this due to that fact.

Happy Simming
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 7:21 PM
This is from the front page of their website. I knew when I saw the message that wikispaces was closing down, I was scared too, but I don't think the NRaas mods are going away just yet.
Quote:
WIKISPACES IS CLOSING DOWN MESSAGES
Yes, we are aware that our landlord is shutting down later in 2018. But not to worry, we have plenty of time to plan for the move to our new home, a process that was already underway behind the scenes regardless. There will be formal announcements forthcoming closer to the time as to where to find us during and after the transition. Until then, it is still business as usual here at NRaas.

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer9000
This is from the front page of their website. I knew when I saw the message that wikispaces was closing down, I was scared too, but I don't think the NRaas mods are going away just yet.

Thank god! I panicked until I saw that. I don't think I could properly play Sims without them!
I wonder what happened to Wikispaces anyway..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:22 AM
The Wikispaces infrastructure is old, I don't mean old as in Elders I mean more like old as in Mummies. The current parent company has decided that it would not be cost-effective to modernize the platform and they will instead be shutting it down in stages. At our level of service, we have until the end of September (not July) to pack up and get out -- which as it says on our home page and mentioned above, we had already been planning to do and had started the process behind the scenes for other reasons anyway.

The mods are still in development/refinement, always have been, and we don't really need spare copies of them stored in webspaces beyond our control.

Sorry, you guys are not rid of us NRaas folks all that easily.