Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 7:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot Texture VS Neighborhood Texture
Hello! I'm looking for what I hope will be a simple solution; How to get the stone/sand/effect textures to show up in lot view. My lots are looking lovely, but the big green hills in the background bother me. Is there a way to get the stony texture that's on those hills in neighborhood view to show up? Thanks!

Neighborhood Texture:

View from Lot:
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:25 AM
All I see for those pictures are two minus signs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 11:05 AM
I don't even see that much. The "view source" for post gives me two long links that connect to a page that wants me to sign in to a Google account. You can post your screenshots right here by attaching them to your post. You have to use "Advanced" view, but it's not hard to do.
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:11 PM
I don't need to see the pictures to say that no, anything that Maxis made and that's in the "Effects" category of the neighborhood deco catalog cannot be seen and cannot be made to be seen in lot view. There are these items made by Sophie-David that add some of the neighborhood effect to lots -- birds, clouds, helicopters, trains, etc.-- but unfortunately that doesn't include those sand/grass/dirt/concrete textures.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:35 PM
Top pic showed the hood in hood view and the hills/mountains had the stone/dirt texture terrain gets when you raise it past a certain point. Bottom pic showed the same hills/mountains from the lot view and they're all green.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:48 PM
Odd the pictures were showing last time I looked into this thread, now they have gone. Maybe the OP took them down.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~