Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:42 AM
Default Mods that used to work aren't working anymore.
So... a while ago I uninstalled my game because Origin was giving me crap. I re-installed it with an origin fix, but now my mods are all borked. Mods that used to work perfectly on the original install now either don't work or only half work!

Any idea what might have caused this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:55 AM
Origin itself doesn't have any bearing on if or how mods work. Or at least it shouldn't. By the time that mods load in the startup process, Origin is/should be in the background doing nothing, at least on a system that was already strong enough to handle the game plus a tiny bit more overhead.

But what exactly is an "Origin fix"? Depending on what that is and does, seems possible that it could be interfering with something.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Origin itself doesn't have any bearing on if or how mods work. Or at least it shouldn't. By the time that mods load in the startup process, Origin is/should be in the background doing nothing, at least on a system that was already strong enough to handle the game plus a tiny bit more overhead.

But what exactly is an "Origin fix"? Depending on what that is and does, seems possible that it could be interfering with something.

Basically, I installed an older version of Origin, and forced it to stop upgrading automatically. It was necessary because I play all my sims games on PlayOnLinux and it was making my game REALLY slow. I just did the workaround mentioned on the WineHQ site:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectMana...rsion&iId=26175
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
Oh I'm sorry, didn't realize you were still working with a Linux install and thought we were talking about something else entirely. I'm sure that's fine then, or as fine as it's going to be. But regardless, it's still puzzling that an older version of Origin altered in the ways mentioned to stop the ridiculous auto-updates would itself have that much of an impact on gameplay and mod usage. I'll step back and let the others playing on Linux answer then, perhaps there is something further that can be done (or undone) to improve things on your end.