Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird wants and gravestone duplicating?
So, just now i noticed, that one of my sims has a fear of this townie (cashier boy) dying. But he has NEVER met this townie and he doesn't have him in his relationships. Should i be worried that the sim with this fear is corrupted or something? Or is it normal that the fears/wants bug like that?

Also, when i put gravestones into an inventory of a sim and then went to graveyard to put them in, i noticed that one of the gravestones had duplicated (with the gravestones still in the inventory of the sim, a duplicate of one of them was next to the mailbox of the graveyard when i arrived to the lot), I tried going off from the lot and back but the grave stone was still there. Should i be worried about corruption here too?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:01 PM
People (you, in this case) need to stop worrying about corruption over every little thing. It's not corruption really - the only time it's serious is when sims are deleted (without the proper preparation) or lived in lots are moved to the bin (which is deleting in another form since they are 'removed' from the neighbourhood when you do that). Yes, it's normal that the game bugs like that - the game has a habit of attaching memories and relationships incorrectly (both are very correctable) - and the time to worry about gravestones is when they disappear altogether. Besides, if you have nounlinkondelete you're gold.

Keep back ups, don't do the stupid stuff, stop worrying.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:07 AM
Thank you, and that's true. I have nounlinkondelete so i'm good probably ;v; I got too scared because of gravestones acting weirdly LOL
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2018 at 1:30 PM
It's dangerous to go alone...Here. Take this.
As in, one more mod that should keep you safe.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=316426

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2018 at 2:05 PM
Thank you! I will look that up ;v;
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2018 at 3:06 PM
What's convenient with this mod, is that you will never have to move graves into a sim's inventory. You can just send them to the lot you want. Even as the owner of a community cemetery, for instance. You would send the grave(s) to your owned cemetery, then send your owner there. Once your sim arrive, the grave(s) will be near the sidewalk, awaiting to be moved.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#7 Old 7th May 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
People (you, in this case) need to stop worrying about corruption over every little thing. It's not corruption really - the only time it's serious is when sims are deleted (without the proper preparation) or lived in lots are moved to the bin (which is deleting in another form since they are 'removed' from the neighbourhood when you do that). Yes, it's normal that the game bugs like that - the game has a habit of attaching memories and relationships incorrectly (both are very correctable) - and the time to worry about gravestones is when they disappear altogether. Besides, if you have nounlinkondelete you're gold.

Keep back ups, don't do the stupid stuff, stop worrying.

Yet I have a BaCC which has seen only 14 one-day rotations and in which no stupid stuff has been done, yet Peni looked at it with SimPE (because I was having trouble with LGU) and says it's so corrupt it shouldn't even load. How is this possible?

I made a new hood and the Hoodchecker report looked just as bad for that as it did for the one Peni checked, before I'd even placed a single lot or Sim! SimPE doesn't work for me, so I can't compare the SimPE reports, but clearly it CAN be serious even without the player doing the stupid stuff.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th May 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Yet I have a BaCC which has seen only 14 one-day rotations and in which no stupid stuff has been done, yet Peni looked at it with SimPE (because I was having trouble with LGU) and says it's so corrupt it shouldn't even load. How is this possible?

I made a new hood and the Hoodchecker report looked just as bad for that as it did for the one Peni checked, before I'd even placed a single lot or Sim! SimPE doesn't work for me, so I can't compare the SimPE reports, but clearly it CAN be serious even without the player doing the stupid stuff.

The only thing known to cause neighbourhood-stopping corruption is deleting sims (in one of the ways that can be done) or if you want to bugger up stuff completely and corrupt the game, interfering with the universals - pretty much everything else can be fixed. Can you still play the hood? Did you clean it up? People call things like wonky memories and wrong relationships corruption but they really aren't - they can all either be deleted or corrected.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:48 AM
It's not just wonky memories, though. LGU playables have faded and vanished - I literally watched their thumbnails fade and wink out, while they went from being named, to being just numbers, to disappearing completely from the move-in menu of the Simblender. They were nowhere to be found in SimPE, either.

Yes, I can still play the hood, and maybe there's just some weird idiosyncrasy in my installation that's uniquely incompatible with LGU, but it's certainly not VBT-related, and once a hood's had Sims vanish from it I figure the diagnosis that it's "toast" is probably correct and there's no point getting any more attached to it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th May 2018 at 2:14 AM
That really sounds like something else is going on. I can't comment on LGU but that's not normal game behaviour. What anti-virus do you have?

Scholar
#11 Old 8th May 2018 at 3:29 AM
McAfee.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th May 2018 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It's dangerous to go alone...Here. Take this.
As in, one more mod that should keep you safe.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=316426

Required addition to the thread.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th May 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
McAfee.

I think that might be your problem.

Scholar
#14 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:26 PM
You think McAfee deleted the playables? Could be, I suppose. I've had no problems with Sedona and Emerald Heights, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'll have to go check out their forums, see if there's a way to tell it "I want this". Thanks.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th May 2018 at 9:41 PM
@BlueAlien I mentioned anti-virus because anti-viruses sometimes quarantine files they think are suspicious and what you described sounded pretty much like something external removing the file. It might not be that. McAfee is not particularly well-thought of by a lot of people and is known for being over-zealous and the thing is it's dealing with a very old programme with, likely, files it doesn't particularly recognise as legitimate. This sort of thing has been known to happen to others though it's not usually sims that are affected. Have a look in your quarantine folder (if McAfee has one).

A solution might be as simple as telling McAfee that the Sims programme and all it's associated files are ok and to leave it alone (this is usually done somewhere where you deal in exceptions - I've never used McAfee so wouldn't know where in that programme) OR you might consider getting rid of McAfee and run an anti-virus like Avast (free off the web, unlike McAfee) which is known to co-operate more genially with the game.

To reiterate, I don't know if this is the issue but it's one possibility. Anti-virus programmes are known to sometimes cause issues like this.