Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 4:50 PM
Lucky Londoners, gets to preview/play the sims 3 on halloween
---sorry for my few typos below....text box is being stupid...:s ---

Quote:

Be The One to take place October 31 - November 1 and will enable the British public to sample some of the publisher's latest titles.

EA has announced that its Be The One event is returning to London's Trafalgar Square as part of this year's London Games Festival. The event will take place on October 31 and November 1 and will provide the British public with the chance to play some of the latest EA games and to compete for the chance to challenge a host of celebrities live on stage.

At the centre of the event will be the BattleDome, a vast transparent state-of-the-art weather-proof construction featuring an array of the latest games consoles, high-tech screens and the latest in PC gaming. At one end of the BattleDome is the main stage which will host a series of celebrity and public gaming challenges throughout the event in addition to live music performances.

Be The One officially opens on the evening of Thursday, October 30 with a spectacular public premiere event for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3. This televised event will see invited celebrities, Red Alert fans and members of the public enter the BattleDome for an "extravaganza". Additionally, the game will be used for an international live challenge between Russia and Great Britain. The event will be filmed for C&C's popular Battlecast Primetime online TV series.

On the main event days attendees will be able to see favourites including FIFA, Need for Speed, The Sims, Harry Potter and a range of casual and family friendly titles for Nintendo platforms including Littlest Pet Shop, Boogie Superstar, Zubo and Monopoly.

Attendees can also look forward to seeing The Sims 3, SimAnimals, Mirror's Edge, Battleforge, Spore, Warhammer Online and Rock Band 2.

"I am pleased to see EA's Be The One event is returning to Trafalgar Square. It was an undoubted highlight of last year's festival, which reinforces London's position at the centre of one the most fastest-growing creative industries in the world," said Boris Johnson, Mayor of London.

shoot man...i wish they wqhould do this in tampa...all the events arte always in california or all over europ;e ( why all over europe....ubt in only one part of the US?) yall so lucky :
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 4:57 PM
Hell yeah, I'll be going to that!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 5:07 PM
It says that attendess can look forward to seeing the game. Doesn't neccessarily mean playing?
I'll be so envious if they do get to play, though. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 5:15 PM
YAY.:D:D:D:Dfor once i'm happy to live in england,

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 7:01 PM
Any idea what time and whether it's open to the public? I'm in London that day hopefully, could pop by.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:35 PM
well it says "open to the public" in the article so i guess....maybe you buy a ticket?
as for time...i dont know...im not in england perhaps you could call ahead and ask them at the Square?
#7 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
well it says "open to the public" in the article so i guess....maybe you buy a ticket?

it surely must be free
#8 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 12:06 AM
someone will probably post a video (or sevral) on youtube, and everyone can see.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 11:35 PM
meh about this
over at the BBS i found this:
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...st-october.html
ask him questions? i call lies
i bet everyone that asks will either ask dumb questions or questions we alrady know (just like with ep chats) and if somone dose ask a new questioin, theyll say "we cant talk about it" call me a optimist...or a bitch...but i really dont think any new and exiting info will come for this....maybe a few new ingame pics...maybe a vid....but nothing amazingly new.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:34 PM
did anyone end up going?
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 7:59 AM
I was thinking about going but unfortunately I was elsewhere in London until mid-afternoon, by which time I was shattered and wanted to go home lol.

Hopefully someone at the BBS or another site would have gone.