Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 1:14 AM
i say we look at it like this:
they have ads in RL with cartoons and such..noone complains..there cute
so...why cant RL ads be cute in game? hhmm...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 2:28 AM
It would just depend on the ads and what they would look like.
#78 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 12:11 PM
I don't mind the ads - if there are any. Also I've read that they only appear when you're online :kami:
Mad Poster
#79 Old 11th Nov 2008 at 1:50 AM
They should also make it optional, or an option to turn it off even when you are online.
#80 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 1:36 AM
Default Ads
Ads are terrible if you play a theme neighborhood. I don't want ads for real-world stuff in any sort of theme hood (medieval, Regency, futuristic/Star Trek, just to name a few). I wonder if it's going to be harder to do theme neighborhoods overall in Sims 3. If so, that's a major turn-off for me.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 3:44 AM
Well, when you create your own town, you probably have a choice to use billboards and what not that will display the ads. They are probably items.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Well, when you create your own town, you probably have a choice to use billboards and what not that will display the ads. They are probably items.

I really hope so. If so I won't be putting billboards and such in any self-built 'hoods.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 6:03 PM
I hope so, too, but it's hard to tell. Like when you notice the movie theater or concert hall and see those posters of famous musician Sims, they look like they'd be part of that entire front area, you know, the awning and ticket booth along with the glass windows with the posters.
Page 4 of 4