Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 2:27 AM
Default Will we get a bodyshop before the game release?
You know how with sims 2 we got the bodyshop a few months before the actual game came out? Well I would really like a chance to play around with the new sliders and make some simmies. Does anyone know if there will be anything like this before the game release? I may be a bit behind the times, but I certainly hope we could at least make people, even if there is no bodyshop for the actual game. It could be like a demo.
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 2:30 AM
I imagine they will, considering, like you said, they released Bodyshop before The Sims 2 came out, but more recently, EA released the Creature Creator before Spore came out.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 7:17 AM
Knowing how EA is going, however, if they do release a bodyshop it would most likely be on a shelf in Target or Walmart for 20$ instead of a free download.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 12:11 PM
It'd be lovely if they did considering the prerelease Body Shop for TS2 allowed smart people who can decode file formats to start figuring out how everything worked, giving us a big head start on creating custom content.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Sep 2008 at 3:59 PM
In one of the translated German interviews, the developers stated that there would be no way they'd release a Bodyshop for TS3. If you don't believe me, it's on Simstime.de or one of the other German sites that interviewed TS3 developers at the GC convention. Just translate the page to Google to see it.

Hopefully they've changed their minds. It'd be silly to release a Bodyshop for TS2 and a Creature Creator for Spore but no Bodyshop for TS3.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#6 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:25 AM
They will release bodyshop but probebly when the game comes out because I read that people would be able to make sims from the sims 3 and upload them to the exchange.Without bodyshop that wouldn't be possible unless they make the new cas were you can upload them from there like they did with pets.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It'd be lovely if they did considering the prerelease Body Shop for TS2 allowed smart people who can decode file formats to start figuring out how everything worked, giving us a big head start on creating custom content.

really? how could they do that without simPE......

if they do release a body shop (but seeing as how the one person above said that maxis said there not going to on a german site...so im not so sure now..) but if they do..itll probobly be like spore.

version with 25% of stuff: free
version with 95% of stuff: $15

i can almost see the complaints at the BBS now......
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 9:53 PM
I really hope we do B/C the screenshots of all of the premade sims look butt ugly. I think they took the cartoonish look to far.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 9:57 PM
Night Racer - They had to figure out the file formats long before they could make SimPE. SimPE couldn't do anything to the files until they knew how the files worked. I'm not a programmer so I don't know the exact details of how it's done, but someone who knows what they're doing can tinker with files and pick apart how they work in order to make better tools (like SimPE and the various tools and plugins like Meshtool) to manipulate them. A lot of the initial work was done by the DatGen team, who had experience in doing Simcity 4 stuff (which apparently had some similar file formats). All of that - the DatGen guys, and getting an early Body Shop - gave them a nice head start on getting into the guts of things to do all the cool stuff we can do now.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:25 PM
You can see the process of figuring out the technicalities of The Sims 3 happening right now on some forums. On Custom Sims 3, Wes has been looking into DBPF2 since before Spore was released- this may (or may not) give us insight and a head start on modding the Sims 3:
http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/Y...?num=1213761055
#11 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer

... but if they do..itll probobly be like spore.

version with 25% of stuff: free
version with 95% of stuff: $15

i can almost see the complaints at the BBS now......

Blah, youre probably right about that =/
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 10:38 PM
i hope they do cos i never got to do it with sims2, because i was young i just see it in a game store and asked my mum if i could have it so i had no clue about bodyshop before i even came to this site, all my sims were just randomized maxis ones. lol.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#13 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 3:52 AM
I really hope they do release a full on Body Shop for free like they did with TS2.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:59 PM
I hope that they do release bodyshop before the actual release of Sims 3. But they'll probably put a price tag on it.
#15 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 10:27 PM
Yea I'm a sucker cause I'd have to buy it.I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what I can do with the next generation of sims.If I could download it for free that would be better.
#16 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 11:28 PM
The sims 3 CAS screen shows that you can fix the eyes, head, and etc.

I just don't think they'll release or if they do for cash money c:

Valerie
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:30 PM
I'm guessing they'll do what they did with spore and TS2. It must have worked well for them with TS2 or they wouldnt have done it with Spore. I hope they do so all the awesome simmers can start making pretty sims for my hood