Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 9:16 AM
Default Build tools.
What kind of build tools do you think would be helpful?

I'd like a tool where we could highlight an area then rotate, copy, paste, or delete it. It is so simple I don't see why it hasn't been done before.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:49 PM
Well I believe there will be a tool whereby you can stretch and shrink walls! That sounds useful!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 3:52 PM
I just want everything to be not so complicated like in TS2. When building roofs, basements, or how do they call, and stairs. What I wanted - tool to move walls or whole lot is included now, so I'm glad.
And I just want bigger variety of everything. And some water tools, like ability to design and build inside aquariums, waterfalls or something.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 4:14 PM
Not necessarily a build tool, but it could be used w/build tools, I'd like searchable item categories. It drives me crazy when I know what I'm looking for but can't find it. It would be even better if you could "tag" items w/descriptive words that could help you find it. Like "mod" or "fifties" or "grunge". Why-oh-why can't we do these things?
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tinyhayuk14
Well I believe there will be a tool whereby you can stretch and shrink walls! That sounds useful!

Yeah, and all the objects move with the wall, so the room and house compensates for huge changes in structure and you don't even have to destroy anything and start from the ground up. Really going to be refreshing!
I would love some sky light tools this time.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 6:49 PM
The one thing i would love is Round walls... Without having to use windows
#7 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 4:24 PM
I like the round walls idea.

I also would like it to be easier to change the slope of a roof, and it should be in the base game.

One thing I hate in the Sims2 is that you have to have 2 squares around the edge of the lot that you can't build on, PLUS there is padding between lots, which makes it hard to make city-looking towns. I like rowhouses, especially for medieval towns (all the medieval castle towns I've been to have houses that are right next to each other) or brownstones for victorian cities.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 6:26 PM
I really wish it was possible to control the individual roof slopes, as opposed to all roofs having a uniform slope.
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naplesstevens
Not necessarily a build tool, but it could be used w/build tools, I'd like searchable item categories. It drives me crazy when I know what I'm looking for but can't find it. It would be even better if you could "tag" items w/descriptive words that could help you find it. Like "mod" or "fifties" or "grunge". Why-oh-why can't we do these things?

Agreed. That would be fantastic, and save so much time I spend trawling though all of my downloaded items to find just a few items.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
#10 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 7:57 PM
Good idea's people. Especially the 'copy & paste en masse' bit

Also

>Should be able to browse buy/build while the game keeps going, no pause, so that you can place chairs around a table while the sims are busy doing washing up etc.

>Mass deletion! I liked those walls before, but now not so much. Lets delete them. One by one! Long time mate!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by naplesstevens

Isn't that basically what collections do, though?
Quote: Originally posted by QueenBunnywitch
I'd like a tool where we could highlight an area then rotate, copy, paste, or delete it. It is so simple I don't see why it hasn't been done before.

I like that idea; maybe a lasso select tool where you could click and drag to select a whole bunch of items, walls etc., then delete or copy.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 6:47 PM
I would like to see doors and windows that can be built into foundation walls, for real looking basements or cellars. Every door and window should be able to fit on 45 degree angled walls without the use of a cheat, and although not really a build mode request, furniture should also be able to be place on a 45 degree angle.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 8:00 PM
I hope they add the ability to build a house with a foundation AND an ATTACHED garage without resorting to the work-around-hacks we have to use with TS2.

- Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.