Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Graphics issue / reccomended settings?
I've been running TS3 fine for a few days now but I've noticed a small issue - whenever I have a Sim try to select a book from a bookshelf,
the text that appears in the little popup window with the titles of the books is blurry and jagged.

I'm running my game on a Radon HD4850, 512mb and a Core i7 920 on Vista 64-bit with 6gb RAM.

I have already updated to the most recent graphics driver, and I'm wondering if there is a setting in the ATI Catalyst Control that might fix this issue.

Does anybody have a recommended setting for the CCC? Or any other suggestion for fixing this issue, for that matter.
It doesn't exactly ruin the game, but it's still irritating
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 9:37 PM
This is probably caused by a resolution issue - are you running at your native resolution? And fullscreen or windowed?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
This is probably caused by a resolution issue - are you running at your native resolution? And fullscreen or windowed?

The game wasn't initially running at native resolution. I double-checked my monitor's resolution (1680x1050) and set the game to that, but sadly, it didn't fix the graphic glitch. I tried it both in fullscreen and windowed modes.

Thanks for the suggestion
Anything else I might try?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
People with ATI graphics cards, particularly the model that you have are known to have many issues with their game, I've seen many complaints on the main forums about people having a lot of issues with the card that you are using. Perhaps its something that EA can fix on their part.

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
shiny!
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
Except there are people with that exact card and -no- problems. Whatever is going on it's not specific to ATI cards, or even that card.