Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons
CAS crashes to black/ game crashes to desktop
I have just found out that trying to make a sim causes the game to stop producing a visual, and I have to reboot, and playing the game (sometimes even briefly) causes it to crash to the desktop.

I already know my graphics card is 5 years old, I'm looking into getting another one soon. (Before you say I shouldn't even be playing TS2 on it ,let alone TS3, TS2 plays just fine with no crashes.)

In the mean time, I am trying to find out what else I can do for my computer to keep it running the game for at least a little bit longer.

Windows XP (SP 3)
AMD Sempron Processor 3200+
1.70 GHz, 1.43 GB RAM
ATI RADEON XPress 200 series

... I think that's the right specs to put down.. .right?
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:35 AM Last edited by callistra : 14th Jun 2009 at 1:46 AM.
Your computer does not meet minimum requirements to run this game. You have integrated graphics. With integrated graphics a 1.8ghz Core 2 Duo or greater is required. Your CPU is significantly weaker than that. Your problems are expected, and I highly recommend not trying to game on that computer. The black screen and required restart are indicative of either a dying graphics chip or a power supply issue. In either case, continuing to play could permanently damage your computer and require you to buy a new one. Even though you don't want to believe it, your computer doesn't meet requirements to play Sims 2 and the same applies. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...nboard_Graphics

If that is a desktop then you may be able to upgrade the graphics card, but doing so would also require replacing the power supply. If that's a laptop there is no upgrading and you would need to buy a new computer.

I'm going to lock since this is answered but if you would like help upgrading that computer please check out the computer tech support forum. Make sure to read all stickies before asking any questions and post FULL system specs:http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...:System%20Specs
Locked thread | Locked by: callistra Reason: Answered