Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Fences and stairs, Argh!
I like building. And I like to use pine or birch or oak or mahong all over. But, as usually, EA decides to use different just peculiar brown shades in fences and stairs and doors and everything.

I can, of course, change the color of doors, but I cannot change the stairs or fences. And what is the most irrigating, I cannot pick their colors to custom ones. I also would like to pick fine color e.g. from the blue flowers from the sims yard and use it as custom one. But there is no such tool? Or is there?? My hand and eye are not so accurate pair, that I could find the right shade from the color circle.

Now I ordered my daughter to play Sims3 and PhotoShop at same time and make a screen shots and take the RGB-color values of the stairs and fences, so I can made corresponding doors and windows and, what ever they are in english, those wall list near floor and roof. But our computer is heavy loaded and running two so big programs together propably drives the poor child grazy.

So, is there some way to
a) recolor the stairs and fences?
b) pick the desired color from screen to Sims3?

Lots of good thoughts and happiness to her life, who ever do such a mod.

And BTW

Yesterday I was building a fancy house and I saved the game and went out. I came back and I continued building. And again I saved and ended the game. When in evening I deside to do the upstairs, the whole saved "Riverdale"-game was missing. Only "new game" (as Riverdale or Sunny...) was available. The sims I've made were in familystore but all buildings of course were gone. The "end of the world" at every third load in day?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM Last edited by CrazyAce : 15th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM.
Here, here. I agree with you 100% completely, join our cause in our fight to a more colorful Sims on the EA forums. Let our words be heard loud and clear and hopefully they will listen to our cause.

As for the color balance issue, this is what I do, first I make the color that I so desire and the color that I want to use, I either save it as a template and load that template for other objects, or copy the Hex # of that color to be used for other objects.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce
Here, here. I agree with you 100% completely, join our cause in our fight to a more colorful Sims on the EA forums. Let our words be heard loud and clear and hopefully they will listen to our cause.

As I would like to, EA denies my existing. The automatic account with which I activated my Sims3 game and purchaced the collectors issues has vanished somewhere.

My old EA account as Sims2 user does not give me anymore register the TS3 again, that is of course right. I can join the forums as no-game-owner and has no opprtunity to upgrade myself. And if something is not functioning, I won't use it.

So, rise your voices at the forum, I am screeming at home.

Quote: Originally posted by CrazyAce
As for the color balance issue, this is what I do, first I make the color that I so desire and the color that I want to use, I either save it as a template and load that template for other objects, or copy the Hex # of that color to be used for other objects.

Yes, that is excactly I have been doing last week. Saving nice already exixting patterns as "customs" or creating my owns.

But I want the colors and shades of the stairs, and I cannot make them. It begins to resemble work not hobby.

Somebody mentioned the drag and drop function here, does it work with stairs or fences too?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:34 PM
Stairs were meant to come in a variety of colours - not CASt-able but in more than one colour each. The recolours are still visible in the game's textures if you export the whole lot (I've got a 4.5 gig folder full of all the game's textures). Must've been something that made them remove/disable that functionality - same as they removed weather, which was also clearly meant to be part of the game as one can see in the textures.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.