Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:35 PM Last edited by madie : 6th Mar 2005 at 9:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default univeristy freezin on install
ok, got it... it uninstalled b/c of the damn patch thingie - i reinstalled sims 2, it's gone to update... now it's just sitting there on the update section updating objects.package - been this way for 10 minutes... anyone? anyone? i read somewhere that i'm not supposed to cancel out of this or ctrl alt del out of it either. is that right? if so, then what the heck am i supposed ot do? just let it sit there?

would a firewall cause this problem?

too late - it quit responding - nevermind - but just in case this happens again, what the heck do i do?

oh sweet god - this is an edit - so it quit responding on install, i had to get out of it, it didn't uninstall itself, and now the computer says it's installed along with the sims 2, AND I CAN'T UNINSTALL EITHER ONE..... by god i swear if this game doesn't rule i'm gonna flip out!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the same BS i dealt with with every freaking sims expansion pack....... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet gooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 10:10 PM Last edited by madie : 6th Mar 2005 at 10:13 PM.
my god it did it again!!!!!

and it won't uninstall when it quits responding like that... only this time it quit responding almost instantly

and now i can't play anything - sims 2 is on my computer but i can't play it or uninstall it or delete it or anything and sims univeristy is NOT installed but it THINKS it is and i can't play it or delete it or anything
Systemic Anomaly
#3 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 1:38 AM
This may or may not help you, but you might want to try what I did to get past my installation lock ups:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49160