Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:19 AM
Default TS1 Piano Piece
This is a question that's bugged me for years: When I started playing TS1, I fell in love with a particular piece that the Sims play on the piano, namely the one they play at level 6 of creativity –– but I've got no clue what piece this is.

Does anyone of you know what this piece is called?

Here's a film of a sim playing it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:15 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 30th Mar 2015 at 3:41 AM.
Here's my website for soundtrack information about The Sims 1 PC game.

It's a tune called "Gladiolus Rag" originally composed by Scott Joplin. There's only 1 piano piece I haven't figured out, it's 3chorale.mp3. There's also the fancy restaurant pieces from the "Hot Date" expansion pack that continues to be unknown.

You may also like this webpage, with Sims 1 piano music in MP3. You can download and listen to them here.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 6:01 PM
Alternatively, if you're more interested in PLAYING the piano themes from TS1 (at least the ones from build mode, if not all the pieces they play on the in-game piano), this website here allows you to download the sheet music for all 6 build mode themes, as well as one of the buy mode themes.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 2:10 AM Last edited by Batanau : 4th Apr 2015 at 2:20 AM.
Thanks for your fast and helpful replies! I'm looking forward to putting this, as well as some of the other pieces, into my playlists I don't play the piano unfortunately, but learning to is definitely on my bucket list
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th May 2015 at 9:25 PM Last edited by maxon : 24th May 2015 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Here's my website for soundtrack information about The Sims 1 PC game.

It's a tune called "Gladiolus Rag" originally composed by Scott Joplin. There's only 1 piano piece I haven't figured out, it's 3chorale.mp3. There's also the fancy restaurant pieces from the "Hot Date" expansion pack that continues to be unknown[/url].

The passepied is Handel (HMW 559) and the chorale sounds most like James Hook though I'd have to find my copy of the training pieces to be sure.

Edit: that's going to annoy the crap out of me now.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#6 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:58 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 24th May 2015 at 11:23 PM.
Thanks for the info about the Handel piece number HMW 559. I recently added more info to the missing Hot Date restaurant music information. Still have the following that need info, if anyone knows of them:

The Sims (Original)
- BUY4.mp3

The Sims (Piano Training Music)
- 3chorale.mp3

The Sims (Living Large)
- loadloop.wav

The Sims (House Party)
- loadloop.wav
- beach5.mp3
- cntryd1.mp3
- cntryd3.mp3
- shp_rap2.mp3

The Sims (Hot Date)
- loadloop.wav
- SHD_dt_cheap2.mp3
- SHD_dt_cheap6.mp3
- SHD_dt_exp5.mp3
- SHD_dt_exp6.mp3

The Sims (Unleashed)
- loadloop.wav
- SUL_Band2_M.mp3
- SUL_Band3_M.mp3
- SUL_Band4_M.mp3
- SUL_Band5_M.mp3
- SUL_Band6_M.mp3

The Sims (Online)
- (Everything)

The Sims (Superstar)
- sep6_bb6.mp3's performer

The Sims (Makin' Magic)
- buy2.mp3
- buy3.mp3
- sep7_bb1.mp3's performer

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:51 PM
You can also find various Sim music on Spotify, including the original soundtrack (ah!!! So soothing!). It's also possible to copy the files off the disks. I've thrown them into my Sims 2 game before. What are you doing with them?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#8 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:49 AM
Getting the names to each piece and placing them on my phone to listen to. Most of the tune names have been recorded, but some have not been found, along with their composer.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Thanks for the info about the Handel piece number HMW 559. I recently added more info to the missing Hot Date restaurant music information. Still have the following that need info, if anyone knows of them:

- SHD_dt_exp5.mp3
- SHD_dt_exp6.mp3

Both of these sounds like Haydn quartets - tracking them down is a bit of a bugger since there are so many. One's a minuet the other a slow movement. Again, I'd have to find the music to be sure.

I tried a melodic catalogue online last night - those things have gone downhill (haven't used one for years). I never used to have trouble finding stuff with one of those.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc